Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan

+19
Rock
Taro beast
Dogs>Cats
The Uzumaki
Rand al'Thor
Zodz
[Eth111]
Paul
Joe
Nr
KSHMR
Luke
Slash
Settle
Lord Abigor
Iamtaba
FeuerKaiser|Warriors
Phat4tw
Dump me
23 posters

Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

Allen1
    Allen1

Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

Post by Allen1 2015-02-14, 04:30

Joe wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:lmfao. joe deserves a 10 day forum ban for that entry.

and u deserve a perm ban for being a cunt to everyone.

no lmao. i'm being a cunt exclusively to you.
    Iamtaba
    Iamtaba
    VIP
    VIP

Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread

Post by Iamtaba 2015-02-14, 06:12

Joe wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:lmfao. joe deserves a 10 day forum ban for that entry.

and u deserve a perm ban for being a cunt to everyone.

why are you sad? cuz ur bae tunechi ain here?
    Slash
    Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Post by Slash 2015-02-14, 08:16

OMG LOOOOOOL

JOE'S AND ABIGORS MADE ME LOL SO HARD FOR SOME REASON
    Slash
    Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Post by Slash 2015-02-14, 08:27

Vote goes to abigor btw, felt like everyone else went try-hard
    Paul
    Paul
    Recruit
    Recruit

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll: 69

Post by Paul 2015-02-14, 08:55

Skimmed these briefly at around 1 AM.

I'll read them more tomorrow.

However: Joe you didn't even talk about autocorrect lol...my thread even said to do that 3 times. Italicized. Capitalized. Colored. Big, bold font.

ScRuB

So far I've only read that, Abigor's, and a few others.

Feuer's introduction looks pretty good. An actual introduction! 

In high school teachers grade you on how well you introduce it as well as mechanics, usage, grammar, fluency, etc. I'll be judging it from that type of standpoint...although I do appreciate the comedic tone some of you have incorpated.
    Nr
    Nr
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Post by Nr 2015-02-14, 09:44

My points with some commentary:

Fuck, this took a while to write.

Bear in mind that all of this is simply my opinion and I merely tried to give an honest review, no harm intended.

1 point - Joey - I concur with the GreatBanter hashtag. You didn't capture anyone's personality or speech pattern. The dialogue is lazy, uninspired and has nothing to do with the autocorrect topic whatsoever. Regardless, Zodz will probably be pleased to see an entire entry devoted against him.

2 points - Lord Abigor - There's probably a deserved award in here for managing to come up with something as disturbing and at the same time, hilarious. Due to the story lacking any logical narrative and the amount of disturbance caused by the read, I unfortunately can't give it more than 2 points.

3 points - Dump me - I think this story failed by taking on too much and trying to have 3 storywise unconnected punchlines to it. The only auto-correct joke I understood was the epi-pen one. Interesting enough, Lord Abigor also had an "epic penis" auto-correct in his entry, but I have no idea what the actual word was supposed to be there. I'm clueless to what the word behind the first autocorrect was and how the third punchline even fit in to the picture of autocorrect or the story. I'm confused on what the point of this story was. Imo it also had the tone of something that tried hard to be cutesy, but doing so, became cringeworthy.

4 points - Iamtaba - Well, everyone seems to love writing about Zodz today. The story's got a half-decent light absurd tone to it, but it doesn't do the trick for me. I would have at the very least wanted to see a believable autocorrect amidst the absurdness. I'm only giving it a 4 because a few decent lines held it a tiny bit higher than the other 3 entries.

5 points - Slash - You used a typo instead of autocorrect in your story. The concept remains the same so I won't mind. I loved the actual situation of Cannons accidentally saying Zodz makes him feel special. Very good. Unfortunately the rest of the story is weak, Zodz resigning out of pressure put on him over this is out of character and the situation unfolding along with the ending makes no sense with nothing in the story backing up that it's not supposed to make sense. No more than A for effort from me.

6 points - Taro Beast - As Slash's, you took the typo direction instead of autocorrect. I won't badger you for it either as the concept remains pretty much the same. You've got a decent story here. Average in all regards, but it's a full story, the typos are funny and it works. Well played and nice incorporation of Friday the 13th.

7 points - FeuerKaiser|Warriors - I got to give this one credit for a lot of things. The prose was well written, the story felt like a complete story with a beginning, a middle and an end while feeling that the beginning kicked off from the middle of something -- which is positive. I liked how the story had a message to it and remained believable in its execution. I could feel the mystery of who was behind the hacking and the moment Zodz succumbed to abusing the opportunity, good stuff. The flying boots link and a runite ore reference popping up threw in a good dose of humor in there. A similar attempt for that was probably Andy's password being zodzdemotenr4admin, which didn't work for me. I also thought that the ending paragraph got a little preachy, the message would have been obvious from the story. NR ANALOGY TIME. The story's got a well rounded face and a nice body, but it doesn't have legs to stand on. Autocorrect correcting a / to . is just unlikely and almost distant from the topic itself, resulting in a weak main plot point. The story still slumps by on a fairly advanced wheelchair, electronic perhaps. Not without flaws imo, but well done.

8 points - Eth111 - The story clicks exceptionally well along with a few legitimately amusing moments. Logically sound reasons are provided for not just the otherwise unlikely autocorrection, but also other minor story beats that give the story a complete feeling. The autocorrection because of those names often coming up for kicking them is kind of genious. I don't know whether bringing out the names James, Boofz and Moe as people who would quit due to this were intentional, but worked oh so well considering they're the ones that could indeed be upset over poor trial selections instead of them, who have waited for it for ages. The moment of ridiculing yourself as an ending joke was definitely worth using, I couldn't think of a better ending. Despite the prose and mechanics not being the strongest, the story rectified it all for me. Good work.

Last edited by Nr on 2015-02-14, 12:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Quick wording change.)
    Dogs>Cats
    Dogs>Cats
    General
    General

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll: 100

Post by Dogs>Cats 2015-02-14, 09:53

taro 8 - Taro won because 6/8 of the entries followed the same general plot. I had warriors winning in the beginning till all the other similar posts watered his down a lil
    warriors 7 - psh zodz could cripple cora without andys pass
    dump me 6 - bad grammar made it hard to read
    eth 5 - ur beginning got my hopes up until it nose dived.
    taba 4 - auto correct has to be somewhat close
    slash 3 - the joke at the end made it somewhat better.
    abigor 2 - curse words made it annoyingly unreadable
    joe 1 - lol

*general note* I penalized on plot if the auto correct was so outrageous it wasnt believelable. Believability was pretty much most of the criteria.

http://gyazo.com/b890c102a138989982f13b91fb4f3031
    Slash
    Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Post by Slash 2015-02-14, 10:08

Nr wrote:8 points - Eth111

im sorry but that is absolutely bull shit
    Nr
    Nr
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Post by Nr 2015-02-14, 11:23

Slash wrote:
    Nr wrote:8 points - Eth111

im sorry but that is absolutely bull shit

Hm, agree to disagree. Wink

An update to the competition: To avoid possible repetitiveness of the Cora Dyce rounds, I've decided that after the second Cora-themed round, the last two rounds of this competition will not be Cora-themed. This will add more variety to the competition and should be the last big update to how the tournament works. Apart from maybe some prizepool changes if we manage to pull in a donation or two... nudge nudge.

And we're waiting on Paul's votes to find out who wins the judge vote in round 1. Everyone's encouraged to read and vote for their favourite -- and also write something up for the next round that's already been released!
    Lord Abigor
    Lord Abigor
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll: 6

Post by Lord Abigor 2015-02-14, 12:19

Joe wrote:Lord Abigor is really pissed off at me. LOL
    HAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAH.. relax bro,thats just for fun.. I still love you though
    [Eth111]
    [Eth111]

Post by [Eth111] 2015-02-14, 13:44

Dogs>Cats wrote:taro 8 - Taro won because 6/8 of the entries followed the same general plot. I had warriors winning in the beginning till all the other similar posts watered his down a lil
    warriors 7 - psh zodz could cripple cora without andys pass
    dump me 6 - bad grammar made it hard to read
    eth 5 - ur beginning got my hopes up until it nose dived.
    taba 4 - auto correct has to be somewhat close
    slash 3 - the joke at the end made it somewhat better.
    abigor 2 - curse words made it annoyingly unreadable
    joe 1 - lol

*general note* I penalized on plot if the auto correct was so outrageous it wasnt believelable. Believability was pretty much most of the criteria.

http://gyazo.com/b890c102a138989982f13b91fb4f3031

Just 3 requests pls

- How is my story not-belivable
    - How is my story not differ from the rest, i'm the only one who went the trial route if i read correctly
    - What made my story particulary "nose dive"

Need constructive critisism for next prose i send in.
    Iamtaba
    Iamtaba
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Iamtaba 2015-02-14, 13:48

holy shit i got 4 points lol

i was expecting .5

thx guys love u <# !!
    Iamtaba
    Iamtaba
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Iamtaba 2015-02-14, 13:49

btw you should make the deadline a bit sooner
    Iamtaba
    Iamtaba
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Iamtaba 2015-02-14, 13:59

I laughed so hard at abigor's entry, I even shared it to my brother who laughed as well

My vote goes to him
    Iamtaba
    Iamtaba
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Iamtaba 2015-02-14, 14:00

lol these judges are just too serious abigor bro Cool
    Joe
    Joe
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Joe 2015-02-14, 15:11

I'll do better if there's an illuminati competition.

Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread - Page 3 Gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok
    Lord Abigor
    Lord Abigor
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll: 6

Post by Lord Abigor 2015-02-14, 18:11

Iamtaba wrote:I laughed so hard at abigor's entry, I even shared it to my brother who laughed as well

My vote goes to him

hhaha thanks Razz

Iamtaba wrote:lol these judges are just too serious abigor bro Cool

i know man.. that hurts me a lot
    FeuerKaiser|Warriors
    FeuerKaiser|Warriors
    Recruit
    Recruit

Location : Stupid bitch hit my phone asking, "can i front a sack?" Told that petty little hoe she could never call me back.

Post by FeuerKaiser|Warriors 2015-02-14, 18:58

Feuer #1
    Zodz
    Zodz
    General
    General

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll: 12

Post by Zodz 2015-02-14, 20:51

dump me - very creative, very relevant, very believable
    least understandable - Slash
    like reading a dream - eth111

funniest moments - "joe gets gen for free fk u", messsy not using commas correctly, "wasted 300m on your sluts"
    Paul
    Paul
    Recruit
    Recruit

Dices Rolls

Post by Paul 2015-02-14, 21:03

Iamtaba wrote:btw you should make the deadline a bit sooner
    Last time the deadlines were too short and almost nobody posted.
    Paul
    Paul
    Recruit
    Recruit

Dices Rolls

Post by Paul 2015-02-14, 21:25

8 - FeuerKaiser/LMS/Paul/Warriors: Good solid story with an introduction and conclusion. It's obvious you spent some time and put some effort into this.

7 - Eth - LOL, love the references to the trials chosen. It was pretty realistic. I could see something like that happening if Andy actually made that mistake.

6 - Taro Beast: I enjoyed reading your story! A bit off topic, but good nonetheless. I always enjoy a story with some fancy vocabulary sprinkled here and there. 

5 - iamtaba:
    iamtaba wrote: He's like "it's cool dawg, i'll fix this first thing tomorrow morning". However, Andy wasn't joking when he said he's gonna fix this tomorrow.
    This part confused me. Isn't Zodz the one who said he'd fix it? It randomly switches to Andy. I like the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air reference.

4 - Slash: I feel like you kind of took the idea from the previous competition when you said that Cannons rises to power and then takes over Andy's spot. And again, LTU gets a rank somehow. o.o Sounds familiar.

3 - Dump Me: Hard to follow and grammar could be improved.

2 - Lord Abigor: Story was on topic (I think Question) but it just didn't follow any real plot. Lots of weird things strung all over the place like his mom being in a coma...his dad being a prostitute and out of the blue committing suicide after being in a fight.

1 - Joe: Not even a real story... Just filled with dialogue.
    No attempt to spell correctly; filled with internet slang (m8).
    Veers off the topic of auto correct causing drama.
    And finally...Xodz suddenly turns to Zodz somehow. Then Zodz turns to zodz. You could have at least kept the characters' names consistent.
    Joe
    Joe
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Joe 2015-02-14, 21:28

u ppl just mad cuz illuminati.
    Allen1
    Allen1

Post by Allen1 2015-02-14, 21:29

Paul wrote:Cora Prose Competition II - Community Event - Competition Thread - Page 3 B001Q9F34W-1
    Allen1
    Allen1

Post by Allen1 2015-02-14, 21:33

Slash wins lmfao.

The elephant was a gem you ppl are missing.
    Slash
    Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Post by Slash 2015-02-14, 22:15

Paul wrote:4 - Slash: I feel like you kind of took the idea from the previous competition when you said that Cannons rises to power and then takes over Andy's spot. And again, LTU gets a rank somehow. o.o Sounds familiar.

never happened but okay.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 19:13