Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan

+15
Tom's Slave
Cannons
Bf
Sam
Coo kay
Dat
Slash
Rand al'Thor
Allen's Slave
Frosty
Christina
Understand
Jon
James
Sanne
19 posters

Moths v2

Rand al'Thor
    Rand al'Thor
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Moths v2                                      - Page 3 Empty Re: Moths v2

Post by Rand al'Thor 2013-08-12, 20:09

Tom wrote:
    James wrote:Jon, but my experience wasn't great when you posted 'James, go f*** yourself, on every thread possible. Rolling Eyes

But, do you like butterflies? I'm just curious.
    Wow. That's honestly an extremely valid point. 

I'm curious to how Jon responds to this.
    I also don't remember Jon ever getting banned for it.
    ~

It's one and the same: you exploited James' emotions and caused him to feel hurt, and apparently Aid, Karn etc. have done the same to you via your phobia.

You can't ban one and not the other; it's unfair.

Edit:
    Also, what you did to James was flaming and you did it constantly for monthsss.

Last edited by Rand al'Thor on 2013-08-12, 20:30; edited 1 time in total
    Sam
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Sam 2013-08-12, 20:11

Understand wrote:I can understand if Jon cringes after seeing a moth irl but a picture of it... lol
    First person on this forum to understand why I'm laughing so hard. ^
    Bf
    Bf
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Post by Bf 2013-08-12, 20:37

VALID FUCKING POINT LOL. +1 Jamie. The shit you said to him wasn't funny at all, and somehow, thankfully, I got you to leave him alone...
    (p.s. inb4youbulliedhimwithmajed ... well, we never took it to the point where we asked him to commit suicide...repeatably...he also knew we were kidding, whereas Jon was totally serious, lmao.)

So Jon pmed me this 2 days ago about his "phobia":

It doesn't mean "a little bit scared" as a lot of people think it might. It means my heart rate increases so dramatically that I can feel my chest throbbing. It means that I've hyperventilated to the point of passing out when a moth got into my room one night and flew between my phone in my hand, and my face.
    Let me try and paint a picture of what it's like at the moment, being in my position:
    Imagine every time your browsing forum, scrolling down a topic, and every time you scroll past a comment that Aid, Karn or Sam has posted, a man runs into your room, points a gun at you, and threatens to kill you.
    Then he posts this on a thread....
     :L It just gets my heart racing a bit.

What the fuck? Stop lying, honestly. LOL

You're a habitual liar, and you need to get that treated before your phobia.

Now, after I took the damn moth out of my signature, all I asked in return was for him to apologize to everyone he unfairly banned/take responsibility for his actions. Jon doesn't thank me and says I'm "blackmailing" him. Dafuqqqqqqqqq? He's not making any sense anymore, lol
    Cannons

Post by Cannons 2013-08-12, 20:41

stop banning Sam wrote:
    Understand wrote:I can understand if Jon cringes after seeing a moth irl but a picture of it... lol
    First person on this forum to understand why I'm laughing so hard. ^
    Jon are you sure you aren't just extremely scared of them? I mean I heard a phobia is an IRRATIONAL fear to something, but it seems you can conquer your phobia each time to go on forums and delete moth posts. If someone has a moth phobia I thought they'd be scared just to click on a thread knowing there are moths o-o

What I'm saying is I thought if someone had a phobia to moths their reaction would be like this each time

Moths v2                                      - Page 3 1624617jzvwluiifg

I also am curious about the James situation too.
    Allen's Slave
    Allen's Slave

Post by Allen's Slave 2013-08-12, 20:45

I'm still really curious to his response towards James. Because if we are following the notion of banning members for things they committed in the past... Jon should be banned lol.
    Cannons

Post by Cannons 2013-08-12, 20:47

Sean wrote:VALID FUCKING POINT LOL. +1 Jamie. The shit you said to him wasn't funny at all, and somehow, thankfully, I got you to leave him alone...
    (p.s. inb4youbulliedhimwithmajed ... well, we never took it to the point where we asked him to commit suicide...repeatably...he also knew we were kidding, whereas Jon was totally serious, lmao.)

It doesn't mean "a little bit scared" as a lot of people think it might. It means my heart rate increases so dramatically that I can feel my chest throbbing. It means that I've hyperventilated to the point of passing out when a moth got into my room one night and flew between my phone in my hand, and my face.
    Let me try and paint a picture of what it's like at the moment, being in my position:
    Imagine every time your browsing forum, scrolling down a topic, and every time you scroll past a comment that Aid, Karn or Sam has posted, a man runs into your room, points a gun at you, and threatens to kill you.

Now, after I took the damn moth out of my signature, all I asked in return was for him to apologize to everyone he unfairly banned/take responsibility for his actions. Jon doesn't thank me and says I'm "blackmailing" him. Dafuqqqqqqqqq? He's not making any sense anymore, lol
    Not really to take sides but I think the first part Jon was talking to you about was about an Irl encounter while the 2nd part, the heart racing a bit, is if it's an online picture.
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-12, 21:49

Rand al'Thor wrote:
    Tom wrote:
    James wrote:Jon, but my experience wasn't great when you posted 'James, go f*** yourself, on every thread possible. Rolling Eyes

~

It's one and the same: you exploited James' emotions and caused him to feel hurt, and apparently Aid, Karn etc. have done the same to you via your phobia.

Edit:
    It is a very valid point and I was in the wrong and apologized. When I got a warning from Christina I thought about what I was doing, realized it was wrong and stopped. Flaming is a warning then ban offense hence I didn't get banned. If I had continued then I would have been banned. I wouldn't have said it was for months. I disliked James for months but the hate only existed for approximately 4 days. Sorry for the late reply, I went out for a meal.
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-12, 21:55

Cannons wrote:
    Sean wrote:VALID FUCKING POINT LOL. +1 Jamie. The shit you said to him wasn't funny at all, and somehow, thankfully, I got you to leave him alone...

Not really to take sides but I think the first part Jon was talking to you about was about an Irl encounter while the 2nd part, the heart racing a bit, is if it's an online picture.
    What Cannon said. Looking at a picture of a guy pointing a gun at you is less intimidating then encountering a man pointing at you irl. You think I've lied on one occasion (mistakenly) so that makes me a habitual liar? No.

I stand by every decision that I've made. If it makes you happy then I apologize to everyone who disagrees with my decision or whoever I upset. It has never been my intention to upset anybody. I honestly did type out a message thanking you for removing the moth from your signature but it was late at night and there was other stuff in your post that I had to reply to so I meant to do it the next day but forgot.

The comment about you blackmailing me with my phobia was as a result of this comment: "I'll stop posting pictures of moths, when you take some responsibility for your actions. Holy shit. Just admit you made a wrong decision..." back when the moth was still in your signature. You were asking me to own up to a mistake that I had made that I didn't believe was a mistake. You're completely distorting the facts.
    Allen's Slave
    Allen's Slave

Post by Allen's Slave 2013-08-12, 22:08

Jon wrote:
    Rand al'Thor wrote:
    Tom wrote:

~

Edit:
    It is a very valid point and I was in the wrong and apologized. When I got a warning from Christina I thought about what I was doing, realized it was wrong and stopped. Flaming is a warning then ban offense hence I didn't get banned. If I had continued then I would have been banned. I wouldn't have said it was for months. I disliked James for months but the hate only existed for approximately 4 days. Sorry for the late reply, I went out for a meal.
     Did you give everyone 4 days to do what you consider as flaming?
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-12, 22:10

Tom wrote:
    Jon wrote:
    Rand al'Thor wrote:
    Tom wrote:

~

Edit:
    I sent everyone a PM requesting that they remove it and told them the consequences if they continued; which is that they would receive a 1 day ban, if they continued, then the duration of the ban would double until they complied.

Anyone that's had a 4 day ban has been warned, and given 2 more chances to stop, following a 1 and 2 day ban.
    Allen's Slave
    Allen's Slave

Post by Allen's Slave 2013-08-12, 22:42

Jon wrote:
    Tom wrote:
    Jon wrote:
    Rand al'Thor wrote:
    Tom wrote:

~

Edit:
    I sent everyone a PM requesting that they remove it and told them the consequences if they continued; which is that they would receive a 1 day ban, if they continued, then the duration of the ban would double until they complied.

Anyone that's had a 4 day ban has been warned, and given 2 more chances to stop, following a 1 and 2 day ban.
     Thanks for the clarification.
    Understand
    Understand

Post by Understand 2013-08-12, 23:00

Tom wrote:

He's going to make up some bs excuse and twist the rules to make it seem like it was okay then proceed on to say that James could have been banned if he really wanted to ban him because of how stupid he was acting. #JonLogic
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-12, 23:05

Understand wrote:
    Tom wrote:

He's going to make up some bs excuse and twist the rules to make it seem like it was okay then proceed on to say that James could have been banned if he really wanted to ban him because of how stupid he was acting. #JonLogic
    This is a stupid comment considering I've already posted commenting that I was in the wrong. Clearly you didn't read my response...
    Jon wrote:
    Rand al'Thor wrote:
    Tom wrote:

~

Edit:
    Understand
    Understand

Post by Understand 2013-08-12, 23:16

Yes, Jon, I clearly didn't read it :/ I'm not going to go through all the reading.

And Jon, you should've been banned for what you did to James. I just got into a small arguement with Aid and I got banned permanently nevermind your weeks of hate towards James.
    idk why i keep commenting on this thread, someone help me
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-12, 23:20

Understand wrote:Yes, Jon, I clearly didn't read it :/ I'm not going to go through all the reading.

And Jon, you should've been banned for what you did to James. I just got into a small arguement with Aid and I got banned permanently nevermind your weeks of hate towards James.
    I agree that I deserved a ban. I was certainly in the wrong and I took the hate to an unacceptable level. I apologized to James and we get along now. That's all I can really do to make up for it. The moderating team let me off, but if I had been banned then I wouldn't have argued because I definitely deserved to be.
    Allen's Slave
    Allen's Slave

Post by Allen's Slave 2013-08-13, 00:11

Jon wrote:
    Understand wrote:Yes, Jon, I clearly didn't read it :/ I'm not going to go through all the reading.

I agree that I deserved a ban. I was certainly in the wrong and I took the hate to an unacceptable level. I apologized to James and we get along now. That's all I can really do to make up for it. The moderating team let me off, but if I had been banned then I wouldn't have argued because I definitely deserved to be.
     Considering you banned Majed for something he did in the past since he said "ban me", and you just agreed you should have been banned, wouldn't it only be justified if you too were banned? What other option do we have, seeing as how you're telling us you deserved to be banned, and time doesn't grant amnesty in Cora Dyce? (Zemlyr, Majed)

It would only be fair.
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-13, 00:34

Tom wrote:
    Jon wrote:

Considering you banned Majed for something he did in the past since he said "ban me", and you just agreed you should have been banned, wouldn't it only be justified if you too were banned? What other option do we have, seeing as how you're telling us you deserved to be banned, and time doesn't grant amnesty in Cora Dyce? (Zemlyr, Majed)

It would only be fair.
    It was at the discretion of the mods at the time. They didn't think that I deserved a ban. If I was a mod at the time and I had seen someone doing what I had done, then I would have banned them but it wasn't up to me at the time. The reason that Majed was banned was not because he did it, it's because he got caught doing it. I'm sure we have other hosts that haven't paid fees but they don't brag about it or confess to it. If he hadn't confessed it, then as far as we be concerned, he never committed an offense, so in that sense, he committed the offense on the same day that he got banned.
    Sanne
    Sanne
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Sanne 2013-08-13, 00:36

We are having one of the most tempered discussions on this forums because of some moths.

Lock this, respect each other.
    Rand al'Thor
    Rand al'Thor
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Rand al'Thor 2013-08-13, 00:39

Sanne wrote:We are having one of the most tempered discussions on this forums because of some moths.

Yes, and unban Aid.

Zemlyr basically resolved it in one of the first posts here. You can add people to your foes list and not worry about them spamming because of the presence of other active mods.
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-13, 00:43

Rand al'Thor wrote:
    Sanne wrote:We are having one of the most tempered discussions on this forums because of some moths.

Yes, and unban Aid.

Zemlyr basically resolved it in one of the first posts here. You can add people to your foes list and not worry about them spamming because of the presence of other active mods.
    So we send out the message that it's okay for members to bully mods without receiving a ban. It would be the mods duty to add them to their foes list rather than take action. And people criticize my logic?
    Understand
    Understand

Post by Understand 2013-08-13, 00:47

Jon wrote:
    Tom wrote:
    Jon wrote:

It would only be fair.
    It was at the discretion of the mods at the time. They didn't think that I deserved a ban. If I was a mod at the time and I had seen someone doing what I had done, then I would have banned them but it wasn't up to me at the time. The reason that Majed was banned was not because he did it, it's because he got caught doing it. I'm sure we have other hosts that haven't paid fees but they don't brag about it or confess to it. If he hadn't confessed it, then as far as we be concerned, he never committed an offense, so in that sense, he committed the offense on the same day that he got banned.
    Does Andy not notice that 100m+ is missing from the fees? 20 hosts atm = 2b/month. If Andy is getting 1.9b per month, THEN SOMEONE ISN'T PAYING THEIR FEES. How can someone possibly get away with not paying their monthly fees? The leader must not care at all.
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-13, 00:49

Understand wrote:
    Jon wrote:
    Tom wrote:
    Jon wrote:

It would only be fair.
    Does Andy not notice that 100m+ is missing from the fees? 20 hosts atm = 2b/month. If Andy is getting 1.9b per month, THEN SOMEONE ISN'T PAYING THEIR FEES. How can someone possibly get away with not paying their monthly fees? The leader must not care at all.
    Some hosts pay 150m so it's not exactly 2b. But yeah I take your point. I guess up until last month Andy trusted us to pay fees ourselves without him getting on our asses about it. It seems a lot of hosts can't be trusted. I think that's the hosts fault rather than Andy's fault for not watching each of us closely.
    Tom's Slave
    Tom's Slave
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Tom's Slave 2013-08-13, 00:56

Jon wrote:
    Tom wrote:
    Jon wrote:

It would only be fair.
    Jon, I love you to death, but this is being blown completely out of proportion. What is the point of an escalation in drama and resentment over conveying a lesson? And even at that point, what's the lesson to be learned here? Instead of looking at this so diplomatically, look at it practically. Our community gets absolutely nothing when one of its members gets banned for something so trivial.

~

And to the time-lapse argument, an action committed in the past is put at the discretion of one of our current moderators. Context - Majed was banned for something he did in the past, and it was YOUR perogative to ban him.
    That same standard should be applicable to yourself. So if Sean or any person of the moderating team, for that matter, deemed what you did to James as inappropriate, you should also be liable for a ban.

Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-13, 01:01

Mr XK wrote:
    Jon wrote:
    Tom wrote:
    Jon wrote:

It would only be fair.
    Jon, I love you to death, but this is being blown completely out of proportion. What is the point of an escalation in drama and resentment over conveying a lesson? And even at that point, what's the lesson to be learned here? Instead of looking at this so diplomatically, look at it practically. Our community gets absolutely nothing when one of its members gets banned for something so trivial.

~

And to the time-lapse argument, an action committed in the past is put at the discretion of one of our current moderators. Context - Majed was banned for something he did in the past, and it was YOUR perogative to ban him.
      That same standard should be applicable to yourself. So if Sean or any person of the moderating team, for that matter, deemed what you did to James as inappropriate, you should also be liable for a ban.

It's impossible to ban someone for avoiding paying fees in the past if they're caught at the time that they commit the offense, because by definition, if they are caught at the time then it can not be in the past. If they were caught then they would have been deranked so no scam would have occurred. My offense was noticed at the time and was dealt with, as the moderating team felt was appropriate. Case closed.

I would hope that the lesson to be learnt would be that it's not okay to avoid paying fees and keep your rank. A lesson for both current ranks, and future ranks.
    Allen's Slave
    Allen's Slave

Post by Allen's Slave 2013-08-13, 01:02

Mr XK wrote:
    Jon wrote:
    Tom wrote:
    Jon wrote:

It would only be fair.

~

Just standard logic. Like Allen said, if Sean finds you banning members for reasons the community finds unjust bannable, you should be banned.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 13:34