Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan

+17
Andrew
Firefury54
Ali
Mac | LFK
Mrking
The Uzumaki
Understand
Christina
Bf
Shygodd
Rand al'Thor
James
Sam
Cannons
Jon
Jaycubb
Slash
21 posters

Unban Majed

Poll

Unban Majed?

[ 40 ]
    Unban Majed - Page 4 Bar_left91%Unban Majed - Page 4 Bar_right [91%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Unban Majed - Page 4 Bar_left9%Unban Majed - Page 4 Bar_right [9%] 

Total Votes: 44
    Poll closed
    Bf
    Bf
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Unban Majed - Page 4 Empty Re: Unban Majed

Post by Bf 2013-08-11, 02:21

Jon wrote:
    Seanne wrote:Oh my god. Lmao...about this "rule"....
    Everyone who has not paid has got 5 hours from now on. Otherwise they ll be banned for scamming.
    Andy didn't ban any of the hosts permanently or temporarily. He only deranked those who didn't pay fees. He clearly meant banned from hosting, if anything. Stop misconstruing his words to strengthen that weak argument of yours, Jon.
    Andy said that not paying fees = scamming... How have I miscontructed his words?
    ... You banned people from the forums for not paying fees. Andy never said to do that.
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-11, 02:27

Sean wrote:
    Jon wrote:
    Seanne wrote:Oh my god. Lmao...about this "rule"....
    Everyone who has not paid has got 5 hours from now on. Otherwise they ll be banned for scamming.
    Andy didn't ban any of the hosts permanently or temporarily. He only deranked those who didn't pay fees. He clearly meant banned from hosting, if anything. Stop misconstruing his words to strengthen that weak argument of yours, Jon.
    Andy said that not paying fees = scamming... How have I miscontructed his words?
    ... You banned people from the forums for not paying fees. Andy never said to do that.
    Andy said that not paying fees = scamming. Andy has also approved rules that say that I should ban people who scam.
    Bf
    Bf
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Post by Bf 2013-08-11, 02:39

When he, himself, decided not to ban hosts who did not pay fees from the forums, what makes you think you should?
    Mrking

Post by Mrking 2013-08-11, 02:40

If the members really believed I was a scammer they wouldn't have supported unbanning me, do you think they will keep a scammer on the forums just because he is their friend, they voted yes because they I think I am innocent. You are saying because I am popular I am getting many votes lol?, puff is my friend, and doesn't mean I want him on this forums.

And I am pretty sure, the decision of this will come, when I am already unbanned lol xD
    Sam
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Sam 2013-08-11, 03:29

Mrking wrote:If the members really believed I was a scammer they wouldn't have supported unbanning me, do you think they will keep a scammer on the forums just because he is their friend, they voted yes because they I think I am innocent. You are saying because I am popular I am getting many votes lol?, puff is my friend, and doesn't mean I want him on this forums.

And I am pretty sure, the decision of this will come, when I am already unbanned lol xD
    You can't ban a revolution!

#UnbanMajed #MothLyfe #4times1week #Unbannable
    Houred
    Houred
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Houred 2013-08-11, 04:12

WTF????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    I GO INACTIVE FROM THE FORUMS FOR A LITTLE BIT AND THEN MAJED GETS BANNED??????????????????????????????????|
    UNBAN HIM RIGHT NOW!
    Allen's Slave
    Allen's Slave

Post by Allen's Slave 2013-08-11, 05:04

Well, here's my bootyfull opinion. Hopefully everyone knows by now that I attempt to view every situation with as rational and unbiased of a mindset as I can. Here's my view on the situation:

This is fucking stupid. Majed broke a rule that has recently been created, and by created, I mean interpreted from Andy by Jon. Jon, I personally think you do a fantastic job moderating the forums, but I just can't stand behind you on this one. That doesn't change my opinion of you or your mod skills, we all mess up- but I really do believe you messed up on this one. I know Majed stated "ban me", but come on... It's Majed. Have to remember the context of it- I'm not sure the last time I knew for sure or not if Majed was joking about something. Majed is a fantastic member of our forums, and banning him was not a good decision. Sure, I'll admit it- I am very good friends with Majed. But you know me Jon, I don't let things like that affect my decision. If I TRULY felt like he deserved to be banned, I would say it. He doesn't. I don't think the way you've been attacked has been justified, but the notion of fighting fire with fire has come into play. For months, fees weren't even collected by Andy- should everyone receive bans? Or only if people admit it? That's not fair, and neither is this ban.

Please, unban Majed. All this animosity will dissipate, and we can be that much closer to back to normal- whatever you consider normal for this clan this is.
    Christina
    Christina
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Christina 2013-08-11, 05:20

Rand is amazing.

Btw, I thought that the couple of months that Majed didn't pay fees were the months that fees were not required? For the people who didn't know, the first few months after the gambling rule update, no one had to pay fees. He resigned after Andy said people would have to pay fees again if they wanted to remain a host. A few other hosts resigned as well. Maybe I'm wrong but I could swear that majed resigned at that time.

Jonna, I know you just did what you thought was best, but in this case you made a mistake. Every good moderator makes mistakes now and again, this is one of those times.
    Cannons

Post by Cannons 2013-08-11, 05:29

If Jon doesn't unban Majed after reading 7 of the most intelligent members we have to offer defend Majed I'd probably lose all hope in him :/

Post by Guest 2013-08-11, 06:41

Cannons wrote:If Jon doesn't unban Majed after reading 7 of the most intelligent members we have to offer defend Majed I'd probably lose all hope in him :/
    Cora is not a restaurant, we don't offer intelligent members.
    Understand
    Understand

Post by Understand 2013-08-11, 06:52

Btw, doesn't only Andy have the permission to unban members?
    I don't think Jon has the ability/right to unban anyone, even the ones he banned. :/

Post by Guest 2013-08-11, 07:06

Understand wrote:Btw, doesn't only Andy have the permission to unban members?
    I don't think Jon has the ability/right to unban anyone, even the ones he banned. :/
    No worries, we can wait months.
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-11, 14:28

I wash my hands of this. I've given my opinion and I stand by my decision, but if someone wants to unban him then I won't argue any more. This has taken up too much of my time and I'm sick of the abuse I'm getting as a result of it. No further comment from me on the topic.
    James
    James
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by James 2013-08-11, 14:53

I say all 34 of us pm Andy requesting unban.

O.o
    Slash
    Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Post by Slash 2013-08-11, 20:10

Jon wrote:I wash my hands of this. I've given my opinion and I stand by my decision, but if someone wants to unban him then I won't argue any more. This has taken up too much of my time and I'm sick of the abuse I'm getting as a result of it. No further comment from me on the topic.
    There's no need to be stubborn Jon, just unban him seriously Sad
    Sam
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Sam 2013-08-11, 20:25

Slash wrote:There's no need to be stubborn Jon, just unban him seriously Sad
    Jon can't unban him, but he can relay this information to Andy.
    Christina
    Christina
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Christina 2013-08-13, 05:19

Kk, replying to something Jonna said on the other topic here because this is where it belongs.

Jon wrote:
    Mr XK wrote:
    Jon wrote:Sorry, why would a mod think that I deserve a ban? For making a decision that they disagree with?
    The point I think Tom was trying to get at is that the ex-post facto reasoning should apply to EVERY situation. I basically said that
    > You made a mistake by taunting James for a few months. (That's how I understood it; I wasn't involved, so I won't say anything specific).
    > You thought you deserved a punishment; the moderators at the time didn't punish you.
    > Now, let's look at Majed's situation, when he didn't pay fees, he was deranked. At this time (a few months later), he was punished for making those payments.
    > What we're saying is that if another mod finds that you should still be banned for taunting James, then that mod should ban you as well.

~
    I was caught taunting James and it was dealt with how the mods felt was appropriate at the time. Majed committed an offense several months ago, but could not be punished because we didn't know about it. Hence the decision was made when we found out.

By your reasoning then, majed should be unbanned. I knew about him not paying fees back then (we talked about it ingame before. "majed, did you pay fees this month?" "Na") and didn't see it as a bannable offense. At that time, not paying fees resulted in a derank and not a ban, so I felt he was in the clear and didn't punish him. I was a current moderator at that time and dealt with it as I thought was appropriate.

So according to your rules, majed should not have been banned since the situation was taken care of months earlier.

Now ask Andy to unban majed. #endofthat

P.S. It never occurred to me that this was relevant, then I was thinking about your post jon, and I remembered about how one night I was in majed's fc talking to him about the good old days when the subject of fees came up and was discussed.
    Connor
    Connor
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post by Connor 2013-08-13, 05:58

K well im gonna throw in my two cents here because clearly, you know, I just really need to get involved her.

So from my understanding, he was banned because he failed to pay fees for a few months which was then why he was deranked. If a host fails to pay fees, it doesnt mean he is scamming, it just means he has failed to follow the rules as a host and this results in a derank. It shouldn't be considered "scamming" as it has been put. There have been many hosts in the past that go for months and months without paying fees and they never get noticed and I dont see anything happening with them.....

Majed was wrongly banned and really failing to pay host fees is obviously a wrong thing to do but that matter is completely host related and shouldn't result in him being kicked out of the forums.

I dunno, thats what I think
    Understand
    Understand

Post by Understand 2013-08-13, 06:00

38-4

This feels like a dictatorship.
    Slash
    Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Post by Slash 2013-08-13, 13:12

Connor wrote:K well im gonna throw in my two cents here because clearly, you know, I just really need to get involved her.

So from my understanding, he was banned because he failed to pay fees for a few months which was then why he was deranked. If a host fails to pay fees, it doesnt mean he is scamming, it just means he has failed to follow the rules as a host and this results in a derank. It shouldn't be considered "scamming" as it has been put. There have been many hosts in the past that go for months and months without paying fees and they never get noticed and I dont see anything happening with them.....

Majed was wrongly banned and really failing to pay host fees is obviously a wrong thing to do but that matter is completely host related and shouldn't result in him being kicked out of the forums.

thanks for repeating something written 20 times
    Connor
    Connor
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post by Connor 2013-08-13, 14:19

Slash wrote:
    Connor wrote:K well im gonna throw in my two cents here because clearly, you know, I just really need to get involved her.

I'm not reading all those comments. So fuck that.  

& thanks for posting something completely irrelevant

Post by Guest 2013-08-13, 14:46

Connor wrote:
    Slash wrote:

It's alright, Slash is somewhat bipolar.
    Slash
    Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Post by Slash 2013-08-13, 18:15

Karn wrote:
    Connor wrote:
    Slash wrote:

It's alright, Slash is somewhat bipolar.
    Irrelevant? I said thanks for repeating what people wrote, which is totally relevant to what you said.
    Bi polar? Bi polar is when your mood changes alot, if that comment shows that i'm bi polar..wow..
    You guys are dumb Smile
    Nr
    Nr
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Post by Nr 2013-08-13, 18:28

Slash wrote:wow.. You guys are dumb
    Two seconds later

Slash wrote:Smile
    Sounds pretty bi-polar to me.
    Slash