Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan

+17
Andrew
Firefury54
Ali
Mac | LFK
Mrking
The Uzumaki
Understand
Christina
Bf
Shygodd
Rand al'Thor
James
Sam
Cannons
Jon
Jaycubb
Slash
21 posters

Unban Majed

Poll

Unban Majed?

[ 40 ]
    Unban Majed - Page 3 Bar_left91%Unban Majed - Page 3 Bar_right [91%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Unban Majed - Page 3 Bar_left9%Unban Majed - Page 3 Bar_right [9%] 

Total Votes: 44
    Poll closed
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Unban Majed - Page 3 Empty Re: Unban Majed

Post by Jon 2013-08-10, 19:55

Jon wrote:I'll read this when I get home, I'm out today and writing this from my mobile.

Thanks Rand for taking the time to write this post.
    okay, I can't be bothered to reply to that. We have two different opinions and that's clearly not going to change so there's no point in reiterating what I've already said.

The fact that Majed himself told me that he deserved a ban, and that Andy said in host section that not paying fees was scamming should be enough.

@Karn, I do want to unban him, I never wanted to ban him, but given the situation that he put me in I had no choice. It was my duty as a moderator to ban him. I can't let my bias affect my decisions.

The reason that this topic exists is because Majed is a popular member of the community and you're upset that he's banned. Don't deny it, if it was for any other reason then this topic would be titled "unban Majed and Greg". Greg committed the same offense as Majed and received the same punishment but nobody has even thought to mention him.

Post by Guest 2013-08-10, 20:00

Jon wrote:
    Jon wrote:I'll read this when I get home, I'm out today and writing this from my mobile.

Thanks Rand for taking the time to write this post.
    okay, I can't be bothered to reply to that. We have two different opinions and that's clearly not going to change so there's no point in reiterating what I've already said.

The fact that Majed himself told me that he deserved a ban, and that Andy said in host section that not paying fees was scamming should be enough.

@Karn, I do want to unban him, I never wanted to ban him, but given the situation that he put me in I had no choice. It was my duty as a moderator to ban him. I can't let my bias affect my decisions.

The reason that this topic exists is because Majed is a popular member of the community and you're upset that he's banned. Don't deny it, if it was for any other reason then this topic would be titled "unban Majed and Greg". Greg committed the same offense as Majed and received the same punishment but nobody has even thought to mention him.
    True.
    Cannons

Post by Cannons 2013-08-10, 20:08

Probably because the same rules didn't apply to greg since he was seen more often in the irc even begging HUGE at times so people are led to believe he still did host. In contrast, Majed was rarely seen in the irc betting or hosting.
    Sam
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Sam 2013-08-10, 20:10

Jon wrote:Don't deny it, if it was for any other reason then this topic would be titled "unban Majed and Greg". Greg committed the same offense as Majed and received the same punishment but nobody has even thought to mention him.
    WAT??

Greg hosted for months and months without paying fees--reason he's banned. Majed went inactive, but didn't get deranked immediately... so you just assume he was taking advantage of Andy by hosting? If Majed actually deserved this ban, no one would be petitioning otherwise. Our opinions are based off of your decision to ban him for something that was not against the rules at the time (not that he broke this new rule anyway??). You can't just make a rule, then go back and punish someone for what they did in the past while it was legal.

#JonLogic
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-10, 20:15

Sam wrote:
    Jon wrote:Don't deny it, if it was for any other reason then this topic would be titled "unban Majed and Greg". Greg committed the same offense as Majed and received the same punishment but nobody has even thought to mention him.
    WAT??

Greg hosted for months and months without paying fees--reason he's banned. Majed went inactive, but didn't get deranked immediately... so you just assume he was taking advantage of Andy by hosting? If Majed actually deserved this ban, no one would be petitioning otherwise. Our opinions are based off of your decision to ban him for something that was not against the rules at the time (not that he broke this new rule anyway??). You can't just make a rule, then go back and punish someone for what they did in the past while it was legal.

#JonLogic
    avoiding paying fees and keeping your rank has always been considered scamming. This isn't a new thing and certainly existed while Majed was a host.
    Firefury54
    Firefury54
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Post by Firefury54 2013-08-10, 21:00

Last edited by Firefury54 on 2013-08-10, 21:24; edited 2 times in total
    Cannons

Post by Cannons 2013-08-10, 21:01

Jon wrote:
    Sam wrote:
    WAT??

#JonLogic
    avoiding paying fees and keeping your rank has always been considered scamming. This isn't a new thing and certainly existed while Majed was a host.
    I think this is the part you're confused with though Jon. What Rand and I have been trying to say is Majed wasn't trying to avoid paying fees because he was trying resign but Andy didn't pay attention. It doesn't make sense if Majed is trying to resign but still pays 100m each month because Andy didn't derank him.
    James
    James
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by James 2013-08-10, 21:18

Jon wrote:
    Sam wrote:
    WAT??

#JonLogic
    So how was he meant to get rid of the rank? It's Andy's fault for not getting rid of it, surely?
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-10, 21:23

Cannons wrote:
    Jon wrote:
    Sam wrote:
    WAT??

#JonLogic
    I think this is the part you're confused with though Jon. What Rand and I have been trying to say is Majed wasn't trying to avoid paying fees because he was trying resign but Andy didn't pay attention. It doesn't make sense if Majed is trying to resign but still pays 100m each month because Andy didn't derank him.
    If he didn't want to be a host and resign then he should have posted a resignation. If he remained a host then he was expected to pay fees.
    Firefury54
    Firefury54
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Post by Firefury54 2013-08-10, 21:24

Jon, I have read this entire thing and I want to get my opinion out here. I'll try to be unbiased ...

After reading this entire thread, you had two things going for you:

1)

Andy wrote:Everyone who has not paid has got 5 hours from now on. Otherwise they ll be banned for scamming.
    Other hosts are paying their fees and you don't.

Unfortunately, this rule was made AFTER the fact. As Sam already pointed out:

Sam wrote:You can't just make a rule, then go back and punish someone for what they did in the past while it was legal.

If that was the case, then you really would have to ban everyone who posted on that music thread but you stated yourself:

Jon wrote:That topic was made before the rule was introduced. You can assume from the title of the topic that it is going to contain music so it's common sense. Stop deliberately trying to be difficult.

In the same way, Majed had went without paying the fees "before the rule was introduced."

2)

Jon wrote:And majed, HIMSELF has agreed to his ban. So nothing really left to argue about.

He didn't agree to the ban but said he deserved it under the condition that Greg was banned for the the same thing. But honestly, you can't blame Greg for it because of point 1: It happened BEFORE the rule was introduced.

In conclusion, I know you're just trying to do your job Jon but you have to admit that Andy was in the wrong here. You can say you banned him because Andy told you to but there is no argument over the fact that it was wrong. Andy himself has been in the wrong many times ... just think back to when his partner scammed hosts and he never repaid them and that led to the birth of more scammers ... and that's just one instance.

When it comes to loyalty verses justice, I have found that you should pick loyalty. As humans, we all make mistakes but if you were to pick justice over loyalty, you will never have friends. In this situation, the loyal and just responses are the same.

On another note, this is ultimately Andy's forum so everyone is free to leave if they feel he is getting out of hand. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone is willing to initiate such a transition and even if they did, their loyalty would be put to the question ... *sigh* ... difficult situation indeed.
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-10, 21:24

James wrote:
    Jon wrote:
    Sam wrote:
    WAT??

#JonLogic
    So how was he meant to get rid of the rank? It's Andy's fault for not getting rid of it, surely?
    If he wants to stop paying fees then he has to post a resignation.
    Firefury54
    Firefury54
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Post by Firefury54 2013-08-10, 21:30

Jon wrote:
    Is this a rule? If it is, then I have to say you did the right thing ... but I don't that's a rule or policy that is known to everyone. I personally have never seen it anywhere.
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-10, 21:31

Firefury54 wrote:Jon, I have read this entire thing and I want to get my opinion out here. I'll try to be unbiased ...

After reading this entire thread, you had two things going for you:

1)

Andy wrote:Everyone who has not paid has got 5 hours from now on. Otherwise they ll be banned for scamming.
    Other hosts are paying their fees and you don't.

Unfortunately, this rule was made AFTER the fact. As Sam already pointed out:

Sam wrote:You can't just make a rule, then go back and punish someone for what they did in the past while it was legal.

If that was the case, then you really would have to ban everyone who posted on that music thread but you stated yourself:

Jon wrote:That topic was made before the rule was introduced. You can assume from the title of the topic that it is going to contain music so it's common sense. Stop deliberately trying to be difficult.

In the same way, Majed had went without paying the fees "before the rule was introduced."

2)

Jon wrote:And majed, HIMSELF has agreed to his ban. So nothing really left to argue about.

He didn't agree to the ban but said he deserved it under the condition that Greg was banned for the the same thing. But honestly, you can't blame Greg for it because of point 1: It happened BEFORE the rule was introduced.

In conclusion, I know you're just trying to do your job Jon but you have to admit that Andy was in the wrong here. You can say you banned him because Andy told you to but there is no argument over the fact that it was wrong. Andy himself has been in the wrong many times ... just think back to when his partner scammed hosts and he never repaid them and that led to the birth of more scammers ... and that's just one instance.

When it comes to loyalty verses justice, I have found that you should pick loyalty. As humans, we all make mistakes but if you were to pick justice over loyalty, you will never have friends. In this situation, the loyal and just responses are the same.

On another note, this is ultimately Andy's forum so everyone is free to leave if they feel he is getting out of hand. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone is willing to initiate such a transition and even if they did, their loyalty would be put to the question ... *sigh* ... difficult situation indeed.
    1. Not paying fees, but keeping rank has always been considered scamming. This isn't a new thing.

2. I asked him why I shouldn't ban him. It had nothing to do with Greg. He said "you should".

Whether Andy is right or wrong, these are his forums so they're run according to his rules. If he considers what Majed does as scamming, then he should be held accountable for scamming, hence banned. As a moderator, I am loyal to Andy and the rules, as a person I'm loyal to my friends. Unfortunately when I make decisions to moderate the forum, I can't distort my judgement based on my friendship, or it would result in inconsistent punishment depending on who the person was.
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-10, 21:33

Firefury54 wrote:
    Jon wrote:
    Is this a rule? If it is, then I have to say you did the right thing ... but I don't that's a rule or policy that is known to everyone. I personally have never seen it anywhere.
    Not paying fees but remaining a host, is scamming according to Andy's definition. Scamming is against the rules.
    Firefury54
    Firefury54
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Post by Firefury54 2013-08-10, 21:39

Jon wrote:
    Firefury54 wrote:
    Jon wrote:
    Not paying fees but remaining a host, is scamming according to Andy's definition. Scamming is against the rules.
    Yes, but again, this rule was made after the incident. How could that be considered fair? This is why this issue is so controversial. By the time Andy had dictated this rule, Majed had already been deranked so in terms of the legal system, he is innocent. You can't just go back and punish someone for something that was legal in the past :/
    Bf
    Bf
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Post by Bf 2013-08-10, 21:46

Oh my god. Lmao...about this "rule"....
    Everyone who has not paid has got 5 hours from now on. Otherwise they ll be banned for scamming.
    Andy didn't ban any of the hosts permanently or temporarily. He only deranked those who didn't pay fees. He clearly meant banned from hosting, if anything. Stop misconstruing his words to strengthen that weak argument of yours, Jon.
    Slash
    Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Post by Slash 2013-08-10, 22:05

Jon, just to clear things up..

I like Majed and all, but I did not make this poll because I was upset at a friend being banned. I made it because I thought his situation wasn't ban worthy.
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-10, 22:06

Seanne wrote:Oh my god. Lmao...about this "rule"....
    Everyone who has not paid has got 5 hours from now on. Otherwise they ll be banned for scamming.
    Andy didn't ban any of the hosts permanently or temporarily. He only deranked those who didn't pay fees. He clearly meant banned from hosting, if anything. Stop misconstruing his words to strengthen that weak argument of yours, Jon.
    Andy said that not paying fees = scamming... How have I miscontructed his words?
    Understand
    Understand

Post by Understand 2013-08-10, 22:38

Jon wrote:
    Andy said that not paying fees = scamming... How have I miscontructed his words?
    Beating around the bush at its finest l0l. Seany boy talked about what the word "banning" meant, yet you just keep repeating that "Andy said that not paying fees = scamming..." even though it was after the fact that Majed resigned so it doesn't affect him.

Jon, I never knew you were this hard headed lol. Just put this case to rest by owning up to your mistake.
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-10, 22:52

Understand wrote:
    Jon wrote:
    Beating around the bush at its finest l0l. Seany boy talked about what the word "banning" meant, yet you just keep repeating that "Andy said that not paying fees = scamming..." even though it was after the fact that Majed resigned so it doesn't affect him.

Jon, I never knew you were this hard headed lol. Just put this case to rest by owning up to your mistake.
    Majed didn't resign...
    Understand
    Understand

Post by Understand 2013-08-10, 23:27

Jon wrote:
    Understand wrote:
    Jon wrote:

Majed didn't resign...
    Then why did he get deranked on forums before the rule? Either he resigned or Andy knew he didn't pay fees. One or the other, Majed didn't scam Rolling Eyes 
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-10, 23:33

Understand wrote:
    Jon wrote:
    Understand wrote:
    Jon wrote:

Majed didn't resign...
    Then why did he get deranked on forums before the rule? Either he resigned or Andy knew he didn't pay fees. One or the other, Majed didn't scam Rolling Eyes 
    He resigned eventually after months of not paying fees but keeping host, which is where the scam occurred.
    Andrew
    Andrew
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Andrew 2013-08-11, 00:06

yeah majed and tankin being banned was a joke. fuck andy if he doesn't realize he's not taking fees.
    Understand
    Understand

Post by Understand 2013-08-11, 01:39

Jon wrote:
    Understand wrote:
    Jon wrote:
    Understand wrote:
    Jon wrote:

Majed didn't resign...
    He resigned eventually after months of not paying fees but keeping host, which is where the scam occurred.
    Whatever floats your boat
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-11, 02:09

Understand wrote:
    Jon wrote:
    Understand wrote:
    Jon wrote:
    Understand wrote:
    Jon wrote:

Majed didn't resign...
    Whatever floats your boat
    I never thought it would be refreshing to read a non-constructive post in forum support but that actually made a pleasant change :L

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 16:19