Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan

+17
Andrew
Firefury54
Ali
Mac | LFK
Mrking
The Uzumaki
Understand
Christina
Bf
Shygodd
Rand al'Thor
James
Sam
Cannons
Jon
Jaycubb
Slash
21 posters

Unban Majed

Poll

Unban Majed?

[ 40 ]
    Unban Majed Bar_left91%Unban Majed Bar_right [91%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Unban Majed Bar_left9%Unban Majed Bar_right [9%] 

Total Votes: 44
    Poll closed
    Slash
    Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Unban Majed Empty Unban Majed

Post by Slash 2013-08-07, 17:37

What he did was wrong, sure. But this isn't ban worthy.

Someone explain, i'm lazy
    Slash
    Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Unban Majed Empty Re: Unban Majed

Post by Slash 2013-08-07, 17:38

Move to forum support please
    Jaycubb
    Jaycubb

Post by Jaycubb 2013-08-07, 17:38

Im voting Yes because I believe he is a good, funny guy.
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-07, 17:42

Moved to forum support.

Please don't vote based on the fact that you like him. Vote based on the reason that you don't think the offense that he committed was worthy of a ban.
    Cannons

Post by Cannons 2013-08-07, 17:45

Jake wrote:
    James wrote:
    Cannons wrote:To me it's even more pathetic when our leader of all people takes 4 months to refund two people 100m. Also, whenever Andy makes an event or giveaway it usually takes him atleast 2 months+ to payout, but when it's for things that benefit him his response time is alot quicker. So I think you guys should cut Majed and Greg a little more slack, they were hosts but inactive as hell so they didn't even benefit. 

Hell, Andy probably didn't even realize they were Tankin was a host until a week ago since he's always "busy" lmfao.

Amen.

Also, will Andy get a ban for not paying out 4 giveaways from 1 year+ ago? Sounds more like a scam to me than not paying some fees.

Exactlyy, this is what I was trying to say in chatbox. What do you have to say Jon?

That's reason enough for me.
    Sam
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Sam 2013-08-07, 18:15

Jon wrote:Moved to forum support.

Please don't vote based on the fact that you like him. Vote based on the reason that you don't think the offense that he committed was worthy of a ban.

You should know how things work around here.

I voted based on the fact he was wrongly banned. In 'murica, ex post facto laws (like your made-up 14-day ban) cannot be applied to anyone who has committed a crime in the past before it was illegal. You accuse them of scamming... but the consequences of not paying your fees is a derank. If anyone should be penalized, it's Andy for not regulating his clan more effectively. By banning Majed, you set a precedent to ban every former host who went inactive, without hosting, and had to wait to be deranked by Andy. Does that make any fucking sense? <insert "No" here>

You used to be a good mod, but it's gotten to your head recently (Rand and I both banned for this thread?: wat). Instead of doing what is right and/or helpful for the community, you're trying to be the hero Cora Dyce honestly doesn't fucking need.

I hope you can sleep at night knowing these two dangerous scammers can't take anyone's money for 14 days. Very Happy

Last edited by Sam on 2013-08-07, 18:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had to copy this post in case Jon deletes it (why should I have to worry about that?))
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-07, 18:43

Sam wrote:
    Jon wrote:Moved to forum support.

You should know how things work around here.

I voted based on the fact he was wrongly banned. In 'murica, ex post facto laws (like your made-up 14-day ban) cannot be applied to anyone who has committed a crime in the past before it was illegal. You accuse them of scamming... but the consequences of not paying your fees is a derank. If anyone should be penalized, it's Andy for not regulating his clan more effectively. By banning Majed, you set a precedent to ban every former host who went inactive, without hosting, and had to wait to be deranked by Andy. Does that make any fucking sense? <insert "No" here>

You used to be a good mod, but it's gotten to your head recently (Rand and I both banned for this thread?: wat). Instead of doing what is right and/or helpful for the community, you're trying to be the hero Cora Dyce honestly doesn't fucking need.

I hope you can sleep at night knowing these two dangerous scammers can't take anyone's money for 14 days. Very Happy
    The consequence of scamming is actually a perm ban, so are you saying I should perm ban them instead?
    Scamming = perm ban
    Not paying fees = derank
    What Majed did was a combination of the two. He's been deranked, and I've banned him for 14 days. Why should it not be permanent?

If I get a confession or evidence that any other host has avoided paying fees, then I will ban them too for scamming because the agreement is that they can host for Cora Dyce for 100m/month. If they continue to host, having not paid 100m, then they are scamming.

You and Rand got banned for breaking this rule: http://www.coradyce.com/t27933-new-rule-regarding-music-on-forums
    It's not your job to tell us what rules are or are not in the interest of the community. If you think that one of the rules should not exist, then make a topic and we will consider removing it. Don't just ignore the rule completely or you will suffer the consequences.

Thanks for bringing my attention to that topic. You're banned for 1 day for once again ignoring this rule: http://www.coradyce.com/t27933-new-rule-regarding-music-on-forums
    James
    James
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by James 2013-08-07, 19:05

If you don't pay fees, you don't host (the derank is up to Andy). Find one instance of Majed hosting during the months he never paid. There are none. You have no records of such.

Also, we had no response on the other thread. Andy had done hell of a lot worse than not pay some host fees. There were 4 giveaways he never payed out from over a year ago. Members of the community spent a heck of a long time making videos and graphics all for nothing.

Majed got banned wrongly. He didn't pay host fees, and therefore it should remain as a derank. It's like Rs membership. You don't pay the fee's, you're no longer a member.
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-07, 19:28

James wrote:If you don't pay fees, you don't host (the derank is up to Andy). Find one instance of Majed hosting during the months he never paid. There are none. You have no records of such.

Also, we had no response on the other thread. Andy had done hell of a lot worse than not pay some host fees. There were 4 giveaways he never payed out from over a year ago. Members of the community spent a heck of a long time making videos and graphics all for nothing.

Majed got banned wrongly. He didn't pay host fees, and therefore it should remain as a derank. It's like Rs membership. You don't pay the fee's, you're no longer a member.
    He was a host on forum and he kept his rank on irc therefore he was a host.

I stopped replying on that topic because I got bored. I'd already justified my banning him so there was nothing more worth me saying.
    Since you ask though, Andy's faults are irrelevant. The fact that he's done something that you do not agree with does not justify the fact that Majed broke a rule. That's like saying if one person commits murder then they shouldn't be prosecuted so long as someone else was caught for theft. The two cases are completely unrelated.

He did not pay fees despite being told that they were required if he wanted to keep his rank.
    James
    James
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by James 2013-08-07, 19:35

"He did not pay fees despite being told that they were required if he wanted to keep his rank."

Exactly. He didn't pay them, and therefore should have been deranked. It's Andy's fault that he didn't derank Majed after he hadn't paid the fees. That's all he needed to do - derank him for not paying fees. Even if Majed did host after not paying fees, he shouldn't have been banned. It's up to Andy to derank him for it. But in this case it's even more sad, Majed didn't even host. He's being banned for 'hosting without paying fees'.
    Rand al'Thor
    Rand al'Thor
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Rand al'Thor 2013-08-07, 20:05

Jon wrote:He was a host on forum and he kept his rank on irc therefore he was a host.
    That does not mean he hosted, does it? Which is basically the reason you've banned them, lmao.

I'm going to say it again even though it's been made numerous times already:

You banned him for not paying his hosting fees during the months he never hosted (and therefore never had reason/a requirement to).

Not only is there no premise behind this argument, the rules themselves (ty, Jaycubb) don't mention anything about getting a ban. Only a derank. Seeing as he has resigned and is no longer ranked, there really isn't anything you can or should be doing...

Now you've also gone and banned Sam again for a thread that's fallen almost to the third page.

How, pray, will that thread become a nuisance and therefore disrupt 'the pleasant experience' you claim to enforce?

You are actually embarrassing.

Unban all three of them, ffs.
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-07, 20:25

Rand al'Thor wrote:
    Jon wrote:He was a host on forum and he kept his rank on irc therefore he was a host.
    That does not mean he hosted, does it? Which is basically the reason you've banned them, lmao.

I'm going to say it again even though it's been made numerous times already:

You banned him for not paying his hosting fees during the months he never hosted (and therefore never had reason/a requirement to).

Not only is there no premise behind this argument, the rules themselves (ty, Jaycubb) don't mention anything about getting a ban. Only a derank. Seeing as he has resigned and is no longer ranked, there really isn't anything you can or should be doing...

Now you've also gone and banned Sam again for a thread that's fallen almost to the third page.

How, pray, will that thread become a nuisance and therefore disrupt 'the pleasant experience' you claim to enforce?

You are actually embarrassing.

Unban all three of them, ffs.
    Either you're ignorant or you just haven't read my other posts on this topic.

Everything you've brought up in this post I've explained in an earlier post.

Why are you on forum? All I ever see you do is bitch about how bad a leader Andy is.
    Rand al'Thor
    Rand al'Thor
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Rand al'Thor 2013-08-07, 21:12

Jon wrote:What Majed did was a combination of the two.
    It's not fucking scamming, though. Get that into your head.

Jon wrote:If you didn't pay your fees and didn't resign then you were scamming.
    Howwwww?? How does that make sense to you?!

The only possible thing you could back your argument up with is if he hosted during the months he did not pay his fees. As he did not, he did not scam. You even concede this at one point in your incessant rambling.

Jon wrote:If they continue to host, having not paid 100m, then they are scamming.
    But, he did not host... This alone should put the whole debacle you've created to rest.

Right. Have fun going round in circles, calling hosts hosts.

What James was saying is that he was not HOSTING. There is a difference. So James' point still stands.

Jon wrote:Why are you on forum? All I ever see you do is bitch about how bad a leader Andy is.-
    Once again your "contribution" on forum is just bashing our leader.
    You're still calling him a leader?

OTL

If you're looking for an answer, though; I have friends here and I enjoy speaking with them. Nor does everything that happen on the forum pass under your eye so you really can't make an accurate judgement on this, and please tell me you're joking about how I contribute here; you ban me constantly so it's pretty hard to appear active with you here. My daily routine is also apparently completely different to yours; I wake up @ 4pm and sleep @ 8am BST.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is all irrelevant. The fact is that you've banned Majed for breaking a rule that only results in a derank.

You literally cannot argue that and everything you say or have said already in defence of your actions is complete b/s.

Look at the poll, Jon.

It's the Dunning–Kruger effect all over again.
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-07, 21:32

Rand al'Thor wrote:
    Jon wrote:What Majed did was a combination of the two.
    It's not fucking scamming, though. Get that into your head.
    Yes it is. He took what he was paying for (host) without paying the agreed price for it.

Rand al'Thor wrote:
    Jon wrote:If you didn't pay your fees and didn't resign then you were scamming.
    Howwwww?? How does that make sense to you?!

The only possible thing you could back your argument up with is if he hosted during the months he did not pay his fees. As he did not, he did not scam. You even concede this at one point in your incessant rambling.
    Host costs 100m/month. If he keeps his host, but doesn't pay the fees, then he is scamming. Regardless of how much you host/how much you make, just having your IRC rank, and being ranked on forums costs 100m.

Rand al'Thor wrote:
    Jon wrote:If they continue to host, having not paid 100m, then they are scamming.
    But, he did not host... This alone should put the whole debacle you've created to rest.
    by this I meant he continued to be a host.

Rand al'Thor wrote:

Right. Have fun going round in circles, calling hosts hosts.

What James was saying is that he was not HOSTING. There is a difference. So James' point still stands.
    wait you're saying that I'm wrong in calling a host a host? A host is a host... wtf? He was not hosting, but he was a host, but he did not pay for host.

Rand al'Thor wrote:
    Jon wrote:Why are you on forum? All I ever see you do is bitch about how bad a leader Andy is.-
    Once again your "contribution" on forum is just bashing our leader.
    You're still calling him a leader?

OTL

If you're looking for an answer, though; I have friends here and I enjoy speaking with them. Nor does everything that happen on the forum pass under your eye so you really can't make an accurate judgement on this, and please tell me you're joking about how I contribute here; you ban me constantly so it's pretty hard to appear active with you here. My daily routine is also apparently completely different to yours; I wake up @ 4pm and sleep @ 8am BST.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is all irrelevant. The fact is that you've banned Majed for breaking a rule that only results in a derank.

You literally cannot argue that and everything you say or have said already in defence of your actions is complete b/s.

Look at the poll, Jon.

It's the Dunning–Kruger effect all over again.
    Of course I'm calling him a leader. He is out leader and he's a good one.

Ok that's a good enough reason. Just try and keep your apparent hate for Andy to yourself. In case you hadn't noticed, this community was founded and exists because of him, so you have him to thank for the fact that you enjoy coming on forum and talking to your friends.
    As for me "banning you constantly", I think I've banned you twice (from memory) possibly as many as 3 times, each time for 1 day for the same offense that you committed on the same topic. I know for a fact that you committed the same offense for the second time to provoke a response. Well you got one and you should have expected it. You broke a rule and I don't take any pleasure in saying that it is my job is to enforce the rules.

The poll was a ridiculous idea from the start. People see that it's Majed and won't even read the reason for which I banned him. I won't be bullied out of my duties as moderator because my job has meant that I've had to make the decision to ban someone who is a valued community member. I didn't want to ban him. I enjoy having Majed on forum and I will miss him while he's banned, but as a moderator I have to put my personal bias aside and perform my duty.

Majed even said himself in chatbox this morning that he deserved to get banned along with Greg. I asked "Why should I not ban you?" (paraphrased) , to which he replied "you should" (his exact words)

If the prosecuted themselves admit that they deserve a punishment, then it must be the case.
    Cannons

Post by Cannons 2013-08-07, 21:42

Okay even if you classify it as spamming Jon, since it seems you won't let go of that, I don't believe there was a written rule that would penalize Majed and classify that as spamming. Even if you classify it as scamming the majority of people don't, hence the 12 votes to 1. Since this isn't a CLEAR case of scamming by a long shot and there was no rule that said a host could get banned for not paying (it said they get deranked) then Majed should be unbanned A.S.A.P.

@Jon at the leader comment

I think Rand is talking about as of these past months he hasn't been much of a leader. Sure we have him to thank for the community but these past months (until a few days ago) he hasn't done much to keep this place flowing with new people like before.

Last edited by Cannons on 2013-08-07, 21:47; edited 1 time in total
    Shygodd
    Shygodd
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Shygodd 2013-08-07, 21:45

Unban Majed Je3OP
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-07, 22:06

Cannons wrote:Okay even if you classify it as spamming Jon, since it seems you won't let go of that, I don't believe there was a written rule that would penalize Majed and classify that as spamming. Even if you classify it as scamming the majority of people don't, hence the 12 votes to 1. Since this isn't a CLEAR case of scamming by a long shot and there was no rule that said a host could get banned for not paying (it said they get deranked) then Majed should be unbanned A.S.A.P.
    by "spamming" I assume you mean "scamming"?

The reason that he isn't permanently banned is because, as you say, it isn't as clear a case of scamming as an obvious scam such as taking money then logging out. For the record, Andy agrees with me that avoiding paying fees is scamming. I can't quote much of what Andy's said in host section because there's the issue of privacy and I don't want to share any information that he wouldn't be comfortable with being public, but here's a short quotation to defend my reasons for banning Majed:
    Andy wrote:Everyone who has not paid has got 5 hours from now on. Otherwise they ll be banned for scamming.
    Other hosts are paying their fees and you don't.
    I am a moderator for Cora Dyce, and therefore for Andy, so I enforce his rules. If he believes that avoiding paying fees is scamming, then, as his moderator, I must too.

As it happens, I agree with this opinion but it doesn't necessarily have to be the case.

Shygodd wrote:Unban Majed Je3OP
    http://www.coradyce.com/t22686-follow-this-or-get-banneddo-not-post-if-you-are-not-involved

Be careful with posting irrelevant stuff like this.
    Sam
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Sam 2013-08-07, 23:24

Jon wrote:Thanks for bringing my attention to that topic. You're banned for 1 day for once again ignoring this rule: http://www.coradyce.com/t27933-new-rule-regarding-music-on-forums

Okay.

I follow the official forum rules (approved by Andy) and anything else in the best interest of the community. Posting a relevant .swf file, isolated to one thread, is not worthy of a ban.

Please learn how to moderate the forum with some restraint... Majed does not deserve a ban when he already received his punishment (being deranked).
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-07, 23:36

Sam wrote:
    Jon wrote:Thanks for bringing my attention to that topic. You're banned for 1 day for once again ignoring this rule: http://www.coradyce.com/t27933-new-rule-regarding-music-on-forums

Okay.

I follow the official forum rules (approved by Andy) and anything else in the best interest of the community. Posting a relevant .swf file, isolated to one thread, is not worthy of a ban.

Please learn how to moderate the forum with some restraint... Majed does not deserve a ban when he already received his punishment (being deranked).
    Why are you unbanned? O.o

That rule was approved by the moderating team. In fact it was suggested to me by another moderator so don't think that it was just me making up my own rules. It is in forum and dicing rules which should mean that it should be followed by forum users. The moderating team has been picked by Andy so he trusts our judgement.

As I said before, if you have a problem with one of our rules, then go ahead and make a topic and we will consider removing it. Ignoring the rule and deliberately disobeying it to provoke a response is not the way to go about it. If you have a problem with my moderating then go ahead and make a topic or private message me. This isn't the topic for it.

As for your comment on Majed not deserving a ban, I've said my piece, there's no more I can say that I haven't already said.
    Sam
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Sam 2013-08-07, 23:48

Jon wrote:Why are you unbanned? O.o

That rule was approved by the moderating team. In fact it was suggested to me by another moderator so don't think that it was just me making up my own rules. It is in forum and dicing rules which should mean that it should be followed by forum users. The moderating team has been picked by Andy so he trusts our judgement.

Your rule is ridiculous:

Jon wrote:• Only the creator of the topic can post a song on the thread. This must be in the original post not as a comment further down the page.

Oh shit... better ban everyone who posted in this thread: http://www.coradyce.com/t27049-rate-the-song-above-you
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-08, 00:12

Sam wrote:
    Jon wrote:Why are you unbanned? O.o

Your rule is ridiculous:

Jon wrote:• Only the creator of the topic can post a song on the thread. This must be in the original post not as a comment further down the page.

Oh shit... better ban everyone who posted in this thread: http://www.coradyce.com/t27049-rate-the-song-above-you
    That topic was made before the rule was introduced. You can assume from the title of the topic that it is going to contain music so it's common sense. Stop deliberately trying to be difficult. If you're going to get pedantic about rules being contradictory then why have you not brought up one of the rules approved by Andy that you praised earlier:
    Andy wrote:No (ridiculous) spamming: (Posts must be on topic and somewhat relevant to the discussion, sub-forum, etc.)
    contradicting the description of the spam section: "Spam the shit out of it."
    Exactly the same principal.

There's also the rules:
    Andy wrote:Abide by all Fagex's Rules: Found Here
    We're a gambling clan. We encourage people to gamble. Contradictory?

Once again. I'm bored of saying it but just once more for your benefit:
    Jon wrote:As I said before, if you have a problem with one of our rules, then go ahead and make a topic and we will consider removing it. Ignoring the rule and deliberately disobeying it to provoke a response is not the way to go about it. If you have a problem with my moderating then go ahead and make a topic or private message me. This isn't the topic for it.

In continuing to post you're violating this rule and I will ban you for 1 day: http://www.coradyce.com/t22686-follow-this-or-get-banneddo-not-post-if-you-are-not-involved
    Bf
    Bf
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Post by Bf 2013-08-08, 02:39

15 - 1

Poll speaks for itself, Jon.

I love how we punish members who are integral to our community, but fags like Drunken, Baws, Z3zima, who suck your dicks(hi high ranks, how you doin) are always unbanned for dem pixels.
    Christina
    Christina
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Christina 2013-08-08, 03:24

This is insane.
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-08, 03:30

We're discussing this in host section.
    Bf
    Bf
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Post by Bf 2013-08-08, 03:33

There's really nothing left to discuss. Could you just let this one go?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 02:01