Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan

+14
Hamza|Dinz
Moe
Sam
Rob Crawl
Jaycubb
Am the beast
Bf
Christina
Sponge
Nuti
Understand
Frosty
Yell0jello l M1LL
Jon
18 posters

Forum ban appeal - Nords / Connor

Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Forum ban appeal - Nords / Connor Empty Forum ban appeal - Nords / Connor

Post by Jon 2013-05-27, 19:50

Me making this topic does not necessarily mean that I'm in favor of Connor's unban. I'm just making this topic on request because I believe people have a right to appeal a ban they don't believe was fair.

Connor wrote:As many of you may know, I have been banned from the forums due to a little issue i had with one of the former hosts here at coradyce. I was loaned 400m over a course of a few days for debt wagers. I had since been unable to pay this host back due to my inactivity in Rs and Coradyce, as well as not wanting to spend more money on the game to buy gold to pay him back since I was no longer playing.

In the last week or two, I have decided to come back and try playing again. I have alot of friends here at Cora Dyce and I miss talking to them, although I do sometimes see them on teamspeak.

Now why did I quit?
    Besides the issue with the former host, I also had issue ingame. I had gained a cash stack of about 5m on 07 in the course of about 1 month of it starting. I was AFK and the Cap'n'Hand random event popped up. Assuming I wasnt replying to him, he proceded to attack me, and when I came back to my screen it was too late. I had lost my 5m stack as well as whatever I was wearing. I had a similar event happen with the Drunken Dwarf random event, in which I lost only 500k, but still, its 500k.

In Regards to Paying Back This Former Host
    I have since learned that this former host has been not only banned from forums, but has also quit Rs. It is in my best interest that I inform you I am able to pay him back, but have no way of contacting him/her to let them know. Assuming you unban them from the forum, they will not likely come back since they have also quit Rs.

Maybe we can work out a compromise or something, I dunno.
    Yell0jello l M1LL
    VIP
    VIP

Forum ban appeal - Nords / Connor Empty Re: Forum ban appeal - Nords / Connor

Post by Yell0jello l M1LL 2013-05-27, 20:33

I think the ban was fair at the time, but if he truly can payback the host and the host has been banned, and he has no way of contacting him/her (assuming no one else can obtain contact too). I don't think he should be banned anymore. then again my opinion doesn't matter that much :p
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-05-27, 20:46

Yell0jello l M1LL wrote:I think the ban was fair at the time, but if he truly can payback the host and the host has been banned, and he has no way of contacting him/her (assuming no one else can obtain contact too). I don't think he should be banned anymore. then again my opinion doesn't matter that much :p
    of course you opinion matters you're part of the community. Thanks for your input.
    Frosty
    Frosty

Post by Frosty 2013-05-27, 21:38

Unban....
    Understand
    Understand

Post by Understand 2013-05-27, 22:08

Give the guy another chance. Aure wasn't supposed to let Nords debt call to begin with as it's against the hosting rules and if the host lets a bettor debt call, then that is between the host and the bettor.

Unban.
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-05-27, 22:26

Understand wrote:Give the guy another chance. Aure wasn't supposed to let Nords debt call to begin with as it's against the hosting rules and if the host lets a bettor debt call, then that is between the host and the bettor.

Unban.
    It's not against the host rules to let someone debt call. The fact that it's a personal agreement between the two of them is irrelevant. Nobody is disputing that Andy has no responsibility to refund Aure what Connor 'scammed'. The fact is that Connor promised Aure he'd give him 400m and then he refused to pay him what he'd promised. That's scamming.
    • No scamming: Coradyce.com will not tolerate anyone scamming a member within its community, whether it be real or virtual good(s).

I'm not taking sides I just think that's a particularly weak argument. This is more a case as to whether or not Connor deserves a second chance.
    Understand
    Understand

Post by Understand 2013-05-27, 22:47

Jon wrote:
    Understand wrote:Give the guy another chance. Aure wasn't supposed to let Nords debt call to begin with as it's against the hosting rules and if the host lets a bettor debt call, then that is between the host and the bettor.

Unban.
    It's not against the host rules to let someone debt call. The fact that it's a personal agreement between the two of them is irrelevant. Nobody is disputing that Andy has no responsibility to refund Aure what Connor 'scammed'. The fact is that Connor promised Aure he'd give him 400m and then he refused to pay him what he'd promised. That's scamming.
    • No scamming: Coradyce.com will not tolerate anyone scamming a member within its community, whether it be real or virtual good(s).

I'm not taking sides I just think that's a particularly weak argument. This is more a case as to whether or not Connor deserves a second chance.

The rule I was referring to is "Accept money before creating a wager, payments cannot happen after the fact."
    In Aure's case, he did not recieve cash from both parties and just let Connor debt call.

That being said, I see no reason for Connor to stay banned as Aure is no longer part of the community. Also, with him having a very low chance of returning, there's no chance Connor could even get in contact with him even if he wanted to pay him back. Aside from Connor having the intentions of paying back or not, Aure is no longer around because he himself has never paid his loans which led him to getting deranked in which he left after that.

This issue shouldn't at all be controversial. Such an elite member obviously deserves a second chance.
    Yell0jello l M1LL
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Yell0jello l M1LL 2013-05-27, 23:03

Understand wrote:
    Jon wrote:

Unban.

The rule I was referring to is "Accept money before creating a wager, payments cannot happen after the fact."
    In Aure's case, he did not recieve cash from both parties and just let Connor debt call.

That being said, I see no reason for Connor to stay banned as Aure is no longer part of the community. Also, with him having a very low chance of returning, there's no chance Connor could even get in contact with him even if he wanted to pay him back. Aside from Connor having the intentions of paying back or not, Aure is no longer around because he himself has never paid his loans which led him to getting deranked in which he left after that.

This issue shouldn't at all be controversial. Such an elite member obviously deserves a second chance.

If Connor cannot payback aure, the money should directly go to the people aure didn't pay the loans back too. And if not them, some of the money should be placed back into the community(considering he wants to be a part of the community again). I personally would feel he has deserved a second chance if he did either of those. (I do stronlgy believe that the money in no way, shape or form, should be payed back to aure, he is indebt to others, therefore the money should go to those people who he is indebted too.) If you wish to fight with my logic then be my guest, but I see little room for anyone to make a structured argument. Just because Aure isn't part of the community and is inactive, does not mean the money is not due to someone else, It should go to the people Aure scammed. It would be a just thing for Connor to pay them the money rather than pay aure who wouldn't pay the people he scammed. I feel alot of people would agree. I want to see Connor unbanned.
    Nuti
    Nuti
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Nuti 2013-05-27, 23:17

Aure scammed so why should he get money?
    Sponge
    Sponge
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Sponge 2013-05-27, 23:25

unban.
    Yell0jello l M1LL
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Yell0jello l M1LL 2013-05-27, 23:49

V1A|Nuti wrote:Aure scammed so why should he get money?

The people aure scammed should get the money, Connor is indebt to Aure, Aure is indebt to others. The others should receive it.
    Christina
    Christina
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Christina 2013-05-27, 23:56

Yell0jello l M1LL wrote:

The people aure scammed should get the money, Connor is indebt to Aure, Aure is indebt to others. The others should receive it.
    Welcome back yell0, missed you. Smile And completely agreed, if the people aure is in debt to are still playing.

I see no problem with Connor coming back as long as he tries to set things right.
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-05-27, 23:57

Yell0jello l M1LL wrote:

Good call. I like this idea. It gives Connor the chance to prove that he actually has the intention to refund what he scammed. It would be too easy for Connor to just say that he would refund it now that Aure has quit and he can't actually get it to him even if he tried. I'd like to see him prove it.

Does anyone know who Aure owed money too?
    Yell0jello l M1LL
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Yell0jello l M1LL 2013-05-28, 00:03

Jon wrote:
    Yell0jello l M1LL wrote:

Good call. I like this idea. It gives Connor the chance to prove that he actually has the intention to refund what he scammed. It would be too easy for Connor to just say that he would refund it now that Aure has quit and he can't actually get it to him even if he tried. I'd like to see him prove it.

Does anyone know who Aure owed money too?

That is the 400m gp question :p! gotta do some homework to find that one out lol.
    Yell0jello l M1LL
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Yell0jello l M1LL 2013-05-28, 00:09

Christina wrote:
    Yell0jello l M1LL wrote:

Welcome back yell0, missed you. Smile And completely agreed, if the people aure is in debt to are still playing.

I see no problem with Connor coming back as long as he tries to set things right.

and thanks good to be back Smile
    Understand
    Understand

Post by Understand 2013-05-28, 00:12

Good point M1LL. That didn't cross my mind. Smile

One of the people Aure owed money to was zolo lord9 which I think is also no longer part of the community.

Connor would need to do a 400m drop party to get unbanned then Very Happy
    Yell0jello l M1LL
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Yell0jello l M1LL 2013-05-28, 00:17

Understand wrote:Good point M1LL. That didn't cross my mind. Smile

One of the people Aure owed money to was zolo lord9 which I think is also no longer part of the community.

I do not think a 400m drop party would even be necessary, I think just him doing a 100-200m giveaway would be enough proof for anyone in the community (if he cannot contact the people Aure owed the money too that is :p)
    Understand
    Understand

Post by Understand 2013-05-28, 00:21

Yell0jello l M1LL wrote:

I do not think a 400m drop party would even be necessary, I think just him doing a 100-200m giveaway would be enough proof for anyone in the community (if he cannot contact the people Aure owed the money too that is :p)

Giveaway, drop party, anything. A full 400m worth, not 100-200m.
    Yell0jello l M1LL
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Yell0jello l M1LL 2013-05-28, 00:25

Understand wrote:
    Yell0jello l M1LL wrote:

Giveaway, drop party, anything. A full 400m worth, not 100-200m.
    Well whatever would get more people to support his unbann Smile
    Bf
    Bf
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Post by Bf 2013-05-28, 00:26

I like that idea. Pay back the kids aure scammed, and then we'll have a vote or something
    Am the beast
    Am the beast
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Forum ban appeal - Nords / Connor Empty bl990

Post by Am the beast 2013-05-28, 00:38

Sean wrote:I like that idea. Pay back the kids aure scammed, and then we'll have a vote or something
    could be true i like connor nice person Very Happy
    Jaycubb
    Jaycubb

Post by Jaycubb 2013-05-28, 02:42

Sean wrote:I like that idea. Pay back the kids aure scammed, and then we'll have a vote or something

I agree with this.

And everything that yell0 said

Post by Guest 2013-05-28, 02:58

He just took the opportunity since he saw that Aure had quit.
    Tbh I don't care if he's back or not.
    Rob Crawl
    Rob Crawl
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Rob Crawl 2013-05-28, 03:10

Karn don't be so mean.
    I don't know if my opinion materrs.....but im gonna say it anyway
    Connor definitely deserves an unban.
    For a few minutes...forget that he "scammed". Each of U would definitely want him U banned. He was and is a fantastic person and I strongly urge the mods to unban him.

As to the scam , I feel he shouldn't be liable to pay.its his luck that aure stopped playing plus aure too actually scammed. So Connor shouldn't be made responsible to pay the scammed or host a dp. I think its stupid.
    And come on guys everyone deserves a second chance. If I,god forbid, make a mistake like this...I'd be dying to get back on forums.

That's my opinion. PLEASE UNBAN
    Yell0jello l M1LL
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Yell0jello l M1LL 2013-05-28, 04:03

Rob Crawl wrote:Karn don't be so mean.
    I don't know if my opinion materrs.....but im gonna say it anyway
    Connor definitely deserves an unban.
    For a few minutes...forget that he "scammed". Each of U would definitely want him U banned. He was and is a fantastic person and I strongly urge the mods to unban him.

As to the scam , I feel he shouldn't be liable to pay.its his luck that aure stopped playing plus aure too actually scammed. So Connor shouldn't be made responsible to pay the scammed or host a dp. I think its stupid.
    And come on guys everyone deserves a second chance. If I,god forbid, make a mistake like this...I'd be dying to get back on forums.

That's my opinion. PLEASE UNBAN

It would be to easy for him to just come back once aure is gone, its only fair if he pays the cash elsewhere. So to prove he really wants back in the community paying that 400m to people aure was indebted to is 100 percent fair, It both provides him with a chance to prove he want to be back within the community with the payback, and it provides some sort of retribution to the community. The community cannot just look past the fact he "scammed" 400m, that will not happen. I want to see Connor unbanned, I believe the only way he will be able to do that is to pay 400m out to people that aure scammed and if there is left overs from paying out to do a drop party. You can't "forget" that he scammed because that is the issue here...it is 100 percent illogical to forget the only reason why he was banned then ask yourself if he deserves a second chance...lol. I agree with you on few things, he was indeed a great guy, and deserves an unban (only if he can prove himself). He does need to be accountable for a 400m debt to either the community or the people aure is indebted too. (If he truely wants it (which i believe he does) he will pay them out, or do a giveaway to the community).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 15:10