Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan

+6
Jon
Slash
Lord Abigor
Nr
Allen1
Luke
10 posters

Requesting unban on my main forum account "Connor"

Connorr

Requesting unban on my main forum account "Connor" Empty Requesting unban on my main forum account "Connor"

Post by Connorr 2015-02-12, 03:38

Account: http://www.coradyce.com/u2179

It has come to my attention that my main forums account "Connor" has been banned.

It is apparently for my over-spamming of the letter "k" in my posts, with that being the only letter/word used in a number of my posts. What Nr has clearly failed to see, is that "K" is just the shortened version of the word "Okay".

Now if you were to read through my posts, and read any of the above posts, you can clearly find that at least one of the posts will apply to my "K" post. Since I have not quoted specifically the person or sentence of a post that I was responding to, I understand the confusion where someone may think that I am spamming.

I would very much appreciate an unban on my account as I have been informed by Inva himself, that he has personally gone through and deleted all of my posts with "K" in them. It is a blessing to have such an on point moderator like him on board.

Now, above is the message left from Nr on the reason for me being banned. I was quite confused by the first part of his message that says Spamming the forums. Again. How'd you get unbanned?

If my memory serves me correct, I don't recall ever recently spamming the forums (besides the current dispute), so the "Again" is quite confusing to me. What also baffled me more than anything though was the "How'd you get unbanned" part. This is news to me because I have no recollection of being banned recently, or in the past, on "Connor" (Besides on my request).

Another point that I would like to make, is that I was never issued a warning via forum PM, or IRC query/PM, that I should stop with my apparent "spam".
    It would be greatly appreciated that moderators/admins apply proper procedure in making bans (Zodz had this issue in the past as well).

With no warning being issued, this banned was unjustly served and I would like to see it reversed immediately.

Thank you for your time,

Connor
    Luke
    Luke
    Admin
    Admin

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Requesting unban on my main forum account "Connor" Empty Re: Requesting unban on my main forum account "Connor"

Post by Luke 2015-02-12, 03:51

Out of person choice I decided to delete all the posts made by Connor that were 'K'. Just confirming that it was done by me for the record.
    Allen1
    Allen1

Requesting unban on my main forum account "Connor" Empty Re: Requesting unban on my main forum account "Connor"

Post by Allen1 2015-02-12, 04:23

If it's perm, vouch for an unban. That's a bit too harsh.
    Nr
    Nr
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Post by Nr 2015-02-12, 05:12

Luke wrote:Out of person choice I decided to delete all the posts made by Connor that were 'K'. Just confirming that it was done by me for the record.

Then you can prove that there were like 20 posts with "K" in them on seperate threads dating back weeks/months throughout all sections the first time. I'm sure plenty of people remember logging in to Connor's name being yellow on all sections. I did, the ban was already issued by someone that wasn't me. Perhaps I missed the fact that it was a 24h one? It looked permanent to me, though. Admin logs could clarify this.

The second time there were 5 K posts along with a few other 1 word/sentence replies. Those 20 previous K's clearly show malicious intent. Along with the fact that Connor has clearly shown that he's disappointed with Cora (which I completely understand) I figured that the spam would continue anyway.

As I said: I like you, Connor. If you get unbanned and don't continue with spamming, I don't care. But spamming the forum with 20+ K's is fucking annoying and has always resulted in a perm ban so the spamming can't go further.

Luke
    Luke
    Admin
    Admin

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Luke 2015-02-12, 05:18

Nr wrote:
    Luke wrote:Out of person choice I decided to delete all the posts made by Connor that were 'K'. Just confirming that it was done by me for the record.

Then you can prove that there were like 20 posts with "K" in them on seperate threads dating back weeks/months throughout all sections the first time. I'm sure plenty of people remember logging in to Connor's name being yellow on all sections. I did, the ban was already issued by someone that wasn't me. Perhaps I missed the fact that it was a 24h one? It looked permanent to me, though. Admin logs could clarify this.

The second time there were 5 K posts along with a few other 1 word/sentence replies. Those 20 previous K's clearly show malicious intent. Along with the fact that Connor has clearly shown that he's disappointed with Cora (which I completely understand) I figured that the spam would continue anyway.

As I said: I like you, Connor. If you get unbanned and don't continue with spamming, I don't care. But spamming the forum with 20+ K's is fucking annoying and has always resulted in a perm ban so the spamming can't go further.

Deleted at least 20 posts that were just 'K'. Just confirming this for everyone.
    Lord Abigor
    Lord Abigor
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll: 6

Post by Lord Abigor 2015-02-12, 13:59

i was banned for posting poop twice..hahha
    Zodz
    Zodz
    General
    General

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll: 12

Post by Zodz 2015-02-12, 17:41

Connor was already issued an immediate 2 day ban by me amidst his spam of K's (the offense from a few days ago) ... for the ban connor received ex post facto, idk what to say about him being re-banned days later.

Luckily this is in the "do not post if you are not involved" forum support section
    Slash
    Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Post by Slash 2015-02-12, 18:37

this should be in funny or die section
    Connorr

Post by Connorr 2015-02-12, 23:06

Zodz wrote:Connor was already issued an immediate 2 day ban by me amidst his spam of K's (the offense from a few days ago) ... for the ban connor received ex post facto, idk what to say about him being re-banned days later.

Luckily this is in the "do not post if you are not involved" forum support section

So if I never logged in to physically see that I am banned, and then log in maybe a few days after and happened to spam, is this somehow my fault?
    I was improperly warned about this fact. Why would you give someone a 2-day ban, if they have been inactive for the past 3 months? It's quite doubtful that i'll be on to notice the ban.

Post by Guest 2015-02-13, 04:11

Slash wrote:this should be in funny or die section
    Nr
    Nr
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Post by Nr 2015-02-13, 08:51

Zodz wrote: ... for the ban connor received ex post facto, idk what to say about him being re-banned days later.

I forgot you needed a tl;dr. He did it again after the unban.

Connor wrote:So if I never logged in to physically see that I am banned, and then log in maybe a few days after and happened to spam, is this somehow my fault?
    I was improperly warned about this fact. Why would you give someone a 2-day ban, if they have been inactive for the past 3 months? It's quite doubtful that i'll be on to notice the ban.

Did you not come to the conclusion, at any time, that spamming 25-30 threads in total with K's would get you banned?
    Zodz
    Zodz
    General
    General

Dices Rolls

Post by Zodz 2015-02-13, 17:58

Nr wrote:
    Zodz wrote: ... for the ban connor received ex post facto, idk what to say about him being re-banned days later.

so within the last 5 days connor spammed, got banned, then spammed again, and got banned again?
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2015-02-13, 19:04

Zodz wrote:
    Nr wrote:

so within the last 5 days connor spammed, got banned, then spammed again, and got banned again?
    Cut this out and stick it on your star chart:

Requesting unban on my main forum account "Connor" 120px-Golden_star.svg
    Zodz
    Zodz
    General
    General

Dices Rolls

Post by Zodz 2015-02-13, 19:06

This part is confusing:

nr wrote:20 posts with "K" in them on seperate threads dating back weeks/months throughout all sections the first time.

I certainly didn't ban him for that. I banned him for posting ~7 posts of K, which the posts were not deleted
    Connorr

Post by Connorr 2015-02-13, 22:46

Zodz wrote:
    Nr wrote:

and as I point out, I wasn't even on for the 2 days I was apparently banned before hand.

You moderators/admins seriously need to learn how to actually follow proper procedure before banning.

The rules on the forums state that I should've been given a warning before being banned and I received no warning. My inbox is empty, I didn't see a memo in the IRC and I wasn't approached by any of you to cease or I will be banned.
    Connor
    Connor
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post by Connor 2015-02-13, 23:03

unbanned. please lock
    Nr
    Nr
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Post by Nr 2015-02-14, 07:58

Zodz wrote:This part is confusing:

Nr wrote:20 posts with "K" in them on seperate threads dating back weeks/months throughout all sections the first time.

I certainly didn't ban him for that. I banned him for posting ~7 posts of K, which the posts were not deleted

I recall K's in both the vip/sponsor section, at least 1 post each in the off-topic sections (pc help etc), 5 in spam, 1 on feuer's app and there were more that I ignored because I was too lazy to delete them. The amount I directly remember already adds up to 12-14. It was definitely more than 7.

Now I'm even getting annoyed that Inva deleted them all as I can't believe I'm being blamed and lectured on how to moderate by the person spamming the forums with 20 K's and claiming it wasn't ban worthy at all and we're not doing our part properly.

This is low. I expected better from you, Connor. Anyways, as stated above, I like you and think you're a good guy when you're not pulling shit. Welcome back, I guess. I wonder how this unban happened so fast compared to everything else taking months...
    Cannons

Post by Cannons 2015-02-14, 08:26

Nr wrote:

I forgot you needed a tl;dr.

This sneak diss is underrated.

OT(Solely so I wont get banned): Hope this doesn't happen again.
    Luke
    Luke
    Admin
    Admin

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Luke 2015-02-14, 13:54

@ Zodz/Nr/Anyone who cares I deleted a total of like 20 posts at one instance that were from the second time. I deleted the ones from the first instance as well. Was quite a few there as well.

Unbanned though so;
    /lock

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-08, 19:29