Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan

+22
Dogs>Cats
J3Lx
ekonka30
Veny
Alex
James
Runetom
Hamza|Dinz
woo901
Bothers
Cable speed
Guitar
Tunechi
Rob Crawl
*Frozen*
Jaycubb
Brendan
Rand al'Thor
Spoof
Paul
Sponge
Allen's Slave
26 posters

New IRC system to minimize trading and maximize chances of keeping Cora alive.

James
    James
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

New IRC system to minimize trading and maximize chances of keeping Cora alive. - Page 2 Empty Re: New IRC system to minimize trading and maximize chances of keeping Cora alive.

Post by James 2013-03-19, 18:20

Woop. Brilliant idea. This would be great and would speed things up hell of a lot.

p.s pitty you cant think of ideas like doing the dance owed for several months
    Alex
    Alex
    VIP
    VIP

New IRC system to minimize trading and maximize chances of keeping Cora alive. - Page 2 Empty Re: New IRC system to minimize trading and maximize chances of keeping Cora alive.

Post by Alex 2013-03-19, 20:11

Please change thread name to "Scam Central" Rolling Eyes
    1. Generals shouldnt be allowed to look at some1 credit.
    2. The hosts would need proof of every trade they get from a customer, and every trade they give money to a costumer.
    3. This will add imposter I think because now i can just make an irc account "James" and boom! i can take all his credit and shit.

P.S. I was kidding about the "scam" part. All im saying is that this is very sketchy for both sides.
    Veny
    Veny
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Veny 2013-03-19, 23:00

this is a very good way to be organized, +1 with mistro Smile

ekonka30
    ekonka30
    VIP
    VIP

Post by ekonka30 2013-03-19, 23:17

I like the idea a lot. but one thing concerns me - "Every month, 100m/150m will be deducted from your pool for fees.". personally, i have only had over 100m like 4 times... in 2 years... and i bet that a lot of people would not like paying such a huge amount for this. to be honest, i dont think it should be required to add any fees, because the hosts will still get their 10%, and nobody is going to spend anymore actual money into adding things for the bot... if there was fees, it should be in the 2.5-5m range. If that.

other than this, i love the idea, and would really like to see it happen.
    J3Lx

Post by J3Lx 2013-03-20, 00:10

Good Idea , But it's hard to accomplish
    Allen's Slave
    Allen's Slave

Post by Allen's Slave 2013-03-20, 01:09

ekonka30 wrote:I like the idea a lot. but one thing concerns me - "Every month, 100m/150m will be deducted from your pool for fees.". personally, i have only had over 100m like 4 times... in 2 years... and i bet that a lot of people would not like paying such a huge amount for this. to be honest, i dont think it should be required to add any fees, because the hosts will still get their 10%, and nobody is going to spend anymore actual money into adding things for the bot... if there was fees, it should be in the 2.5-5m range. If that.

The 100m/150m fees apply to hosts only, as those are what we must pay monthly to continue hosting. Smile No fees will be taken from customers!
    Allen's Slave
    Allen's Slave

Post by Allen's Slave 2013-03-20, 01:25

Alex wrote:Please change thread name to "Scam Central" Rolling Eyes
    1. Generals shouldnt be allowed to look at some1 credit.
    2. The hosts would need proof of every trade they get from a customer, and every trade they give money to a costumer.
    3. This will add imposter I think because now i can just make an irc account "James" and boom! i can take all his credit and shit.

P.S. I was kidding about the "scam" part. All im saying is that this is very sketchy for both sides.

In the future, I would absolutely LOVE if you actually read the thread before posting. Smile

Anyways:

Alex wrote:1. Generals shouldnt be allowed to look at some1 credit.
    Why? They're trusted with bills in terms of pots, and what harm could this possibly do at all? Additionally, when did I state that generals would be able to go looking into this? It is the players themselves that are able to check what they have.

Alex wrote:2. The hosts would need proof of every trade they get from a customer, and every trade they give money to a costumer.
    I don't even understand what this means. The whole purpose of this is to minimize trading, so you won't be trading every time you place a wager or win a bet. You only trade when you're depositing or withdrawing money. Additionally, we record every single bet we ever do with Hypercam. What in the world is the difference?

Alex wrote:3. This will add imposter I think because now i can just make an irc account "James" and boom! i can take all his credit and shit.

I can't tell if you're slow or just trolling. Here's exactly what I wrote in my OP:

Mistro | Tom wrote:*This will completely eliminate imposters. As the players are not accepting the money until the very end when they withdraw their credits, there are no chances for imposters to try and step in to intercept trades. Additionally, it does not even matter if someone's account gets hacked, unless both their IRC + RS account is hacked. We will only pay out to the name registered under the IRC name, and only when the player types !accept while on the IRC being traded the money will they be paid out. See ya scamming!

Let me expand on this point. If you attempt to use the name Mistro in the IRC, it will return an error saying you need a password. If you somehow managed to get onto my IRC account, and then said "Oh yeah dude, uh can u pl0x give meh gp to my new account dragonslayer82?" You would be automatically declined. You will only receive money on YOUR actual RS account. If you wish to transfer money afterwards, that's fine, but your credits will only be paid out to the RS account linked to the IRC name.

Please read threads, because every complaint you had was fully addressed in the original post. Rolling Eyes
    Dogs>Cats
    Dogs>Cats
    General
    General

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll: 100

Post by Dogs>Cats 2013-03-20, 01:39

support
    ekonka30
    ekonka30
    VIP
    VIP

Post by ekonka30 2013-03-20, 01:44

Mistro | Tom wrote:
    ekonka30 wrote:I like the idea a lot. but one thing concerns me - "Every month, 100m/150m will be deducted from your pool for fees.". personally, i have only had over 100m like 4 times... in 2 years... and i bet that a lot of people would not like paying such a huge amount for this. to be honest, i dont think it should be required to add any fees, because the hosts will still get their 10%, and nobody is going to spend anymore actual money into adding things for the bot... if there was fees, it should be in the 2.5-5m range. If that.

The 100m/150m fees apply to hosts only, as those are what we must pay monthly to continue hosting. Smile No fees will be taken from customers!
    haha with that cleared, i definitely support Smile
    Allen's Slave
    Allen's Slave

Post by Allen's Slave 2013-03-20, 06:54

ekonka30 wrote:
    Mistro | Tom wrote:

haha with that cleared, i definitely support Smile

Good to hear! And to everyone else, thank you! This idea is still in the making- pleas post ideas to make it better! I understand it won't be easy, but Cora Dyce is ready to do whatever it takes to make it happen! Smile
    Firefury54
    Firefury54
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Post by Firefury54 2013-03-20, 08:00

With that idea, you have pretty much taken gambling out of Rs and made a poker app. If that's the case, we might well register accounts on a poker site.
    Allen's Slave
    Allen's Slave

Post by Allen's Slave 2013-03-20, 08:15

Firefury54 wrote:With that idea, you have pretty much taken gambling out of Rs and made a poker app. If that's the case, we might well register accounts on a poker site.

I'd have to disagree. You're using RS gold, trading on your RS account, and doing so in a RS clan. This idea isn't perfect, but I've yet to see anyone else give a healthy alternative.
    Sanne
    Sanne
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Sanne 2013-03-20, 09:30

Good idea, it would be great if it worked.

However there are a few cons:
    - It's pretty hard/time-consuming to make a whole new bot that can record everyone's "credits".
    - some player's dont have a registred IRC account so how can we make sure no imposters "take" their credits etc?
    - It's hard to gain new members as this system is pretty complicated
    Allen's Slave
    Allen's Slave

Post by Allen's Slave 2013-03-20, 16:33

Sanne wrote:Good idea, it would be great if it worked.

However there are a few cons:
    - It's pretty hard/time-consuming to make a whole new bot that can record everyone's "credits".
    - some player's dont have a registred IRC account so how can we make sure no imposters "take" their credits etc?
    - It's hard to gain new members as this system is pretty complicated

I'm glad you agree! And here are my responses:

1. It would take some coding, but Zodz said he's going to commit all the time he has to making it happen, and I would absolutely love to lend my coding ability to the project. Additionally, Andy said there is already a bot like this that we have, we would just need to touch it up.

2. You're going to need to register. It honestly takes around 2 minutes, and additionally, any of our regular customers are usually already registered.

3. We're aiming to make it as simple as possible, as to not overwhelm new/current members. However, there is something you have to remember- this is it. This is no more dicing like there used to be, unless you're asking Jagex to ban you. Many dicing clans straight up left the game. We're pioneers in terms of how to get around what Jagex is attempting to do, and I think new members will be impressed by how much time we put into it for both efficiency and their safety.
    joeyyxd|hete
    joeyyxd|hete

Post by joeyyxd|hete 2013-03-20, 21:41

Sounds awesome your ideas are always great Very Happy
    Zodz
    Zodz
    General
    General

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll: 12

Post by Zodz 2013-03-20, 22:05

Something similar to this has been under development by administration for quite some time. Thanks mistro for giving the public the first glance

be on the lookout for cora credits!

/lock

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-06-02, 15:34