Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan

+18
Allen's Slave
Brendan
wolf lord01
Understand
Rand al'Thor
Andrew
alching god
20m
Sanne
Throy
Hamza|Dinz
sai karthik4
Jon
Moe
James
Veny
Slash
Jaycubb
22 posters

Religious debate Thread

Jaycubb
    Jaycubb

Religious debate Thread Empty Religious debate Thread

Post by Jaycubb 2013-05-22, 15:53

Debate religion, no hating.

Im catholic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi0yLRX4d2M
    Slash
    Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Religious debate Thread Empty Re: Religious debate Thread

Post by Slash 2013-05-22, 15:56

You psoted it twice
    Veny
    Veny
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Veny 2013-05-22, 15:56

James
    James
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by James 2013-05-22, 17:51

If God is so nice, why does everybody die?
    Moe
    Moe
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Moe 2013-05-22, 17:53

James wrote:If God is so nice, why does everybody die?

Shut up Jew, don't question it...
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-05-22, 17:57

Moved to Off Topic. This isn't spam.

There is no God.
    sai karthik4
    sai karthik4

Post by sai karthik4 2013-05-22, 18:15

I think there is god..
    Hamza|Dinz
    Hamza|Dinz

Post by Hamza|Dinz 2013-05-22, 18:31

Jon wrote:Moved to Off Topic. This isn't spam.

There is no God.

There's a God. Allah (Im muslim Btw)

If theres no God, then how was there water? From the Big Bang ik ur gonna Say :/
    But no, no big bang
    Throy

Post by Throy 2013-05-22, 18:33

who created god than?

There is no god for me
    James
    James
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by James 2013-05-22, 18:45

Hamza|Dinz wrote:

There is no God.

If theres no God, then how was there water? From the Big Bang ik ur gonna Say :/
    But no, no big bang

Some of the most likely contributory factors to the origin of the Earth's oceans are as follows:

- The cooling down of the primordial world to the point where the outgassed volatile components were held in an atmosphere of sufficient pressure for the stabilization and retention of liquid water.

- Comets, trans-Neptunian objects or water-rich meteorites (protoplanets) from the outer reaches of the main asteroid belt colliding with the Earth may have brought water to the world's oceans. Measurements of the ratio of the hydrogen isotopes deuterium and protium point to asteroids, since similar percentage impurities in carbon-rich chondrites were found in oceanic water, whereas previous measurement of the isotopes' concentrations in comets and trans-Neptunian objects correspond only slightly to water on the Earth.

-Biochemically through mineralization and photosynthesis.

- Gradual leakage of water stored in hydrous minerals of the Earth's rocks.

- Photolysis: radiation can break down chemical bonds on the surface.

So not googled.
    Sanne
    Sanne
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Sanne 2013-05-22, 18:51

Religions were created to fill in the gaps of the things people didn't know. Now those gaps are being filled with science. It doesn't say that you can't learn something about having a religion, but people shouldn't take it too seriously as it kinda aged.
    20m
    20m
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Post by 20m 2013-05-22, 19:21

Never follow the fucking bible, then everything is incest. Think about it, if Adam and Eva started the whole human thing, then it must have been like this:
    Adam and Eva fucked = gets a few kids
    - Where do we go from here???
    The kids fucks to get kids (or Adam fucked the kids to get more kids)
    So we are basicly one big family, and we fuck our family members wtf!?

It's disgusting.
    Sanne
    Sanne
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Sanne 2013-05-22, 19:31

20m wrote:Never follow the fucking bible, then everything is incest. Think about it, if Adam and Eva started the whole human thing, then it must have been like this:

It's disgusting.

About 300-400 years ago it was quite normal to marry your sister/cousins so ye gf.
    alching god
    alching god

Post by alching god 2013-05-22, 19:37

this will topic will create so much hate......
    I'm an athiest so i'll leave now b4 its getting outof hand ^^.
    Andrew
    Andrew
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Andrew 2013-05-22, 19:40

Catholic. Praise be jeebus
    Rand al'Thor
    Rand al'Thor
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Rand al'Thor 2013-05-22, 19:45

Sanne wrote:
    20m wrote:Never follow the fucking bible, then everything is incest. Think about it, if Adam and Eva started the whole human thing, then it must have been like this:

It's disgusting.

About 300-400 years ago it was quite normal to marry your sister/cousins so ye gf.
    If you follow the Christian belief that Adam and Eve were perfect (<- do they believe that? idk...), then it'd also have been fine. The main reason why incest is bad is that it increases the chance for recessive alleles that code for harmful traits being expressed. As they'd have been perfect, this would never have happened with their immediate offsrping, and a few generations to come. When genes started mutating and whatnot, the population would have been so great that you couldn't have called it incest.

Even with evolution, we're still one big happy family, lol.
    Understand
    Understand

Post by Understand 2013-05-22, 20:04

It's disgusting.

I'm a Muslim and that's a decent question, a question to where I never got a decent answer to.

@Throy. Thinking whether God was born or already existed is far beyond our human mind's capacity to even come close to thinking about or questioning. Our human mind is powerful, but also limited at the same time so similar questions are bound to be asked, but no human being can tell you the answer.

Why I believe in God:
    Everything in this world has an inventor.
    Would you think a router would be put together naturally with high tech signals and be able to transmit wifi to nearby devices? Absolutely not.
    Would you think a corperation would be ran on it's own without any owners/manager/workers? Absolutely not.
    Would you think a hurricane that just got done with destroying a city leave behind a big mansion with growing and healthy plants? No.
    Could you drop a drinking glass on the sidewalk and expect that it would hit the ground and on impact it would not shatter, but it would divide up into little small drinking glasses, with iced tea in them? A definite no.

Now go outside and see the sun, the trees, the plants, animals, and at night.. the stars, the moon, etc. I couldn't fathom arguments like.. "the big bang created everything." That makes absolutely no sense in any reasonable argument. Everything has an inventor/creator and God is the creator of the universe and everything in it.
    You think a powerful tool such as the human mind came into existence because of nature? Come on..

There are many signs that God has shown to his creations now and to the people before us.

Let's take for example the splitting of the moon.. From the Quran, chapter 54, verse number 1, it reads, "The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been cleft asunder." The people of Makkah requested Prophet Muhammad to show them a miracle, so he showed them the splitting of the moon.
    Now today, NASA pictures have shown a crack on the moon, in which they believed the moon was "shrinking." But when you go back in the Quran, you would see clear evidence that the moon was of course split. Keep in mind this book was put together, and unchanged for about 1400 years now. The reason why I said "put together" was because the book wasn't written by mankind, it was the words of the Almighty God. No human could ever know the splitting of the moon back then without the wisdom of God. Praise be to God.

There are so many examples and signs of which God has bestowed upon us, and many people are still in misguidance and deny the fact that God exists.

My pleasure to have a religious debate with Cora members. Looking forward to any rebuttals. Smile
    Throy

Post by Throy 2013-05-22, 20:15

Understand wrote:

It's disgusting.

I'm a Muslim and that's a decent question, a question to where I never got a decent answer to.

@Throy. Thinking whether God was born or already existed is far beyond our human mind's capacity to even come close to thinking about or questioning. Our human mind is powerful, but also limited at the same time so similar questions are bound to be asked, but no human being can tell you the answer.

Why I believe in God:
    Would you think a router would be put together naturally with high tech signals and be able to transmit wifi to nearby devices? Absolutely not.
    Would you think a corperation would be ran on it's own without any owners/manager/workers? Absolutely not.
    Would you think a hurricane that just got done with destroying a city leave behind a big mansion with growing and healthy plants? No.
    Could you drop a drinking glass on the sidewalk and expect that it would hit the ground and on impact it would not shatter, but it would divide up into little small drinking glasses, with iced tea in them? A definite no.

Now go outside and see the sun, the trees, the plants, animals, and at night.. the stars, the moon, etc. I couldn't fathom arguments like.. "the big bang created everything." That makes absolutely no sense in any reasonable argument. Everything has an inventor/creator and God is the creator of the universe and everything in it.
    You think a powerful tool such as the human mind came into existence because of nature? Come on..

There are many signs that God has shown to his creations now and to the people before us.

Let's take for example the splitting of the moon.. From the Quran, chapter 54, verse number 1, it reads, "The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been cleft asunder." The people of Makkah requested Prophet Muhammad to show them a miracle, so he showed them the splitting of the moon.
    Now today, NASA pictures have shown a crack on the moon, in which they believed the moon was "shrinking." But when you go back in the Quran, you would see clear evidence that the moon was of course split. Keep in mind this book was put together, and unchanged for about 1400 years now. The reason why I said "put together" was because the book wasn't written by mankind, it was the words of the Almighty God. No human could ever know the splitting of the moon back then without the wisdom of God. Praise be to God.

There are so many examples and signs of which God has bestowed upon us, and many people are still in misguidance and deny the fact that God exists.

My pleasure to have a religious debate with Cora members. Looking forward to any rebuttals. Smile

I must say that what you are saying doesn't make sense in any reasonable argument Neutral
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-05-22, 20:32

Hamza|Dinz wrote:

There is no God.

But no, no big bang
    your argument defeats itself... If you're using the creator argument: that everything must have begun at some point and made by something, then what made God? If God is somehow a transcendent being that can only act outside of our universe then he can not intervene in our universe either so he couldn't have made it.
    Sanne wrote:Religions were created to fill in the gaps of the things people didn't know. Now those gaps are being filled with science. It doesn't say that you can't learn something about having a religion, but people shouldn't take it too seriously as it kinda aged.
    Exactly what sanne said. and every time that something created by religion gets proved wrong by science suddenly they insist that it was "meant metaphorically". An example of this is that until recently Christianity taught that the Earth was 3000 years old. Science proved that wrong, suddenly the church claims that genesis was only ever a metaphor.

and @zemlyr I'm not even going to respond to that. That argument is so flawed it offends my eyes to read.
    Understand
    Understand

Post by Understand 2013-05-22, 20:42

Jon wrote:
    Hamza|Dinz wrote:

There is no God.

But no, no big bang
    your argument defeats itself... If you're using the creator argument: that everything must have begun at some point and made by something, then what made God? If God is somehow a transcendent being that can only act outside of our universe then he can not intervene in our universe either so he couldn't have made it.
    Sanne wrote:Religions were created to fill in the gaps of the things people didn't know. Now those gaps are being filled with science. It doesn't say that you can't learn something about having a religion, but people shouldn't take it too seriously as it kinda aged.
    Exactly what sanne said. and every time that something created by religion gets proved wrong by science suddenly they insist that it was "meant metaphorically". An example of this is that until recently Christianity taught that the Earth was 3000 years old. Science proved that wrong, suddenly the church claims that genesis was only ever a metaphor.

and @zemlyr I'm not even going to respond to that. That argument is so flawed it offends my eyes to read.

In a debate, you're not going to respond with "That argument is so flawed it offends my eyes to read."
    You're going to say what was wrong with it, and how you can counter argue.

EDIT: I think I know why you guys are not understanding my argument.. I was merely talking about how God's existence is real, not talking about where he came from or who created him.
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-05-22, 21:24

Understand wrote:Why I believe in God:

The design argument... Basically the world is so perfect that it must have been created by something. No. The world is like this because of 7 billion years of star formation, then planet formation and 3 billion years of evolution and land formation which resulted in what you see today. If all of this was 'designed' over 7 billion years ago, do you not think that an omnipotent and omniscient God would have taken into account poverty and starvation, or why did he 'create' humans with a natural desire for aggression?
    20m
    20m
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Post by 20m 2013-05-22, 22:41

Guys this is fucking stupid, I don't believe any fucking thing, stop talking about this, it's retarded, there is nothing to believe, only yourself.
    Do you honestly think there is a magic person up in the sky or wtf u are believing!?
    - No, so now stfu everybody.
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-05-22, 23:02

20m wrote:Guys this is fucking stupid, I don't believe any fucking thing, stop talking about this, it's retarded, there is nothing to believe, only yourself.
    Do you honestly think there is a magic person up in the sky or wtf u are believing!?
    - No, so now stfu everybody.
    Nobody's opinion is going to change but its interesting to hear people's arguments.
    Understand
    Understand

Post by Understand 2013-05-22, 23:34

Jon wrote:
    Understand wrote:Why I believe in God:

The design argument... Basically the world is so perfect that it must have been created by something. No. The world is like this because of 7 billion years of star formation, then planet formation and 3 billion years of evolution and land formation which resulted in what you see today. If all of this was 'designed' over 7 billion years ago, do you not think that an omnipotent and omniscient God would have taken into account poverty and starvation, or why did he 'create' humans with a natural desire for aggression?

Oh God! There we go again with the most typical argument of how God doesn't take into account starvation and poverty.. Do you think God wasn't aware of that? He was.. the real question is "What have WE done to solve the issue???" God has already set guidelines for us to follow and one of those is Zakat, a tax on Muslims that goes towards the needy. If the whole world would have implemented this sytem, the world's poverty and hunger would have ended already. It's not a matter of "God doesn't take the needy into account" but rather a problem of "What has mankind done to end it."
    wolf lord01
    wolf lord01
    VIP
    VIP

Post by wolf lord01 2013-05-22, 23:35

Throy wrote:who created god than?

There is no god for me

I am muslim (shia)

Youre right on one thing we do not know who created god or where god came from but thats beyond our knowledge as human
    If there is no god how is there an earth or any planets?
    How is there life did we just appear out of thin air? And if the big bang did happen how did humans know anything how did humans even know how to breath you would have to have a creator to teach you right

I wonder at a man who looks at the worlds and doubts the existence of the creator
    -Imam Ali (AS) the cousin of The Prophet (Pbuh)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-13, 10:54