Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan

3 posters

The Change in Champions League Qualification and the Effects

Frosty
    Frosty

The Change in Champions League Qualification and the Effects Empty The Change in Champions League Qualification and the Effects

Post by Frosty 2014-03-20, 19:59

As of the 2015-16 Champions League season, up to 5 teams from Europe's elite leagues will be able to qualify for Champions league football, (tho I'm not entirely sure how it works) Also the Europa League winners of the previous season will be be accepted into Champions League Qualification and this will be on for every year.

The idea of the Europa League winners being able to participate/qualify for CL football is a great idea, it makes the Europa League have an added value to not winning just the trophy, but CL football.

Also the idea of 5 being able to qualify for Champions League football sounds like a good idea, given the fierce competition difference in points between 4/5 at the end of the season draws tighter each season.

However with the idea of 5 being able to qualify for CL football create less competition or more?

I believe it will create more because, if you finish 5th this season you will not get into the competition. In 2015, if you finish 5th you will be able to qualify, but that also brings an added competition from teams who would not normally finish 4th, but finish 5-8th. So teams like Newcastle, Everton and Tottenham could fight for 5th spot in the league.
    CM
    CM
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

The Change in Champions League Qualification and the Effects Empty Re: The Change in Champions League Qualification and the Effects

Post by CM 2014-03-20, 20:15

More competition for the inferior teams and the same amount of effort will be put forth by the elites because they make 1-4th spot easily every year (except ManU&Loserpool). I'm not sure if it's a good change though.. CL is meant to be a competition for the best of the best but I suppose giving a chance to other decent teams could improve their game when they play a team with higher expectations. It won't affect the best, but it surely will affect the smaller teams.

tl;dr it'll affect the smaller teams, not so much the big ones.
    Frosty
    Frosty

The Change in Champions League Qualification and the Effects Empty Re: The Change in Champions League Qualification and the Effects

Post by Frosty 2014-03-20, 20:18

CM wrote:More competition for the inferior teams and the same amount of effort will be put forth by the elites because they make 1-4th spot easily every year (except ManU&Loserpool). I'm not sure if it's a good change though.. CL is meant to be a competition for the best of the best but I suppose giving a chance to other decent teams could improve their game when they play a team with higher expectations. It won't affect the best, but it surely will affect the smaller teams.

yes, but think about the gain in money teams get for entering the CL. A base fee of just 10M euro. Then we are talking TV rights money. It does effect the big clubs because, the money will then be split between more teams per country.
    CM
    CM
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Post by CM 2014-03-20, 20:24

Frosty wrote:
    CM wrote:More competition for the inferior teams and the same amount of effort will be put forth by the elites because they make 1-4th spot easily every year (except ManU&Loserpool). I'm not sure if it's a good change though.. CL is meant to be a competition for the best of the best but I suppose giving a chance to other decent teams could improve their game when they play a team with higher expectations. It won't affect the best, but it surely will affect the smaller teams.

yes, but think about the gain in money teams get for entering the CL. A base fee of just 10M euro. Then we are talking TV rights money. It does effect the big clubs because, the money will then be split between more teams per country.

It's not a big deal to big clubs. The loss due to splits can be made back during league games.
    Allen's Slave
    Allen's Slave

Post by Allen's Slave 2014-03-20, 20:26

more touchdowns
    CM
    CM
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Post by CM 2014-03-20, 20:27

Allen's Slave wrote:more touchdowns

less home runs

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 06:09