Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan

5 posters

A Question About The Vouch Section...

Connor
    Connor
    Recruit
    Recruit

A Question About The Vouch Section... Empty A Question About The Vouch Section...

Post by Connor 2013-11-17, 01:15

So the one main question I have concerning the "Vouches" section of the forums is, why do we even have it? I know that we used to have a vouch section, or at least people made vouch threads back in like 2011 when we weren't so concerned about RWT'ing and what not. Then all of a sudden all of those threads disappeared and became inaccessible. Seeing as RWT'ing is still a big no-no in Rs, Im curious... Cause a "stickied" thread made by Dat suggest that the vouches section is for, and I quote,
    Dat wrote:The vouch section is where you vouch someone because they have sold you a members pin, they sold you Pennys, you loaned them money and they paid you back or something like that.
    . So seeing as two out of the three things that the vouch section is apparently for, involve real world trading, would it not maybe be in our best interest, to perhaps remove this "guide" or whatever it is and create a new one with better reasons for why we need the vouch section, or just get rid of the vouch section all-together. Sorry and I should also add that things like loans and debt bets were considered a bad thing now No? Maybe im wrong.

Anyways yeah, just my thoughts! thanks!
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

A Question About The Vouch Section... Empty Re: A Question About The Vouch Section...

Post by Jon 2013-11-17, 01:28

That's still what the vouch section is for?

The vouch section exists to collaborate evidence of legitimate transactions, a large proportion of which would have been done via our marketplace. Whilst don't allow rwt on forum, that's not to say that completing transactions elsewhere doesn't help prove legitimacy.
    Connor
    Connor
    Recruit
    Recruit

A Question About The Vouch Section... Empty Re: A Question About The Vouch Section...

Post by Connor 2013-11-17, 01:34

Jon wrote:That's still what the vouch section is for?

We don't allow rwt on forum but that's not to say that completing transactions elsewhere doesn't help prove legitimacy.
    Completing transactions and then posting them on the forums still implies that this clan does RWT'ing, as well as the guide pointing out what the vouch section is for. See what Im saying? I'm pretty sure it was removed the first time, for the reason of real-world trading becoming a very serious offence with Jagex.
    Bf
    Bf
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Post by Bf 2013-11-23, 05:24

Jonnyboy wrote:That's still what the vouch section is for?

The vouch section exists to collaborate evidence of legitimate transactions, a large proportion of which would have been done via our marketplace. Whilst don't allow rwt on forum, that's not to say that completing transactions elsewhere doesn't help prove legitimacy.

no, stop. 

Connor has a valid point, lmao. It should be deleted. The vouch section is NOT designed for  
    members pin, they sold you Pennys, you loaned them money and they paid you back
    Facepalming hard. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

To clarify, that section, though whether or not it should even exist is debatable, is for 07 trading/graphics work only.
    Paul
    Paul
    Recruit
    Recruit

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll: 69

Post by Paul 2013-11-23, 06:53

I'm sure there could still be uses for it. I had quite a few vouches on my own thread but the need for vouches has been eliminated due to the release of Bonds (at least for me). Razz
    Connor
    Connor
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post by Connor 2013-11-23, 19:21

The Magical Wizard wrote:

no, stop. 

Connor has a valid point, lmao. It should be deleted. The vouch section is NOT designed for  

To clarify, that section, though whether or not it should even exist is debatable, is for 07 trading/graphics work only.
    Lol thanks for supporting me Sean. I don't understand the point Jon is trying to prove considering it appears he didn't read my thread
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-11-23, 20:01

Connor wrote:

no, stop. 

Lol thanks for supporting me Sean. I don't understand the point Jon is trying to prove considering it appears he didn't read my thread
    How did you manage to reach that conclusion? I responded to what you'd written in the topic which would be quite an achievement if I hadn't read it. Disagreeing with what you've written is not just reason for thinking that I didn't read what you'd said.

I do still think the vouch section serves a purpose, even if it is only for 07/graphics transactions.
    Connor
    Connor
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post by Connor 2013-11-23, 20:21

Jon wrote:
    Connor wrote:

no, stop. 

How did you manage to reach that conclusion? I responded to what you'd written in the topic which would be quite an achievement if I hadn't read it. Disagreeing with what you've written is not just reason for thinking that I didn't read what you'd said.

I do still think the vouch section serves a purpose, even if it is only for 07/graphics transactions.
    Well Dat's guide seems to say otherwise as to what the section is for...
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-11-23, 23:09

http://www.coradyce.com/t32364-the-purpose-of-the-vouch-section

Would you be happy for me to lock this topic now or do you still think that the vouch section serves no purpose?
    Connor
    Connor
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post by Connor 2013-11-24, 00:06

Jon wrote:http://www.coradyce.com/t32364-the-purpose-of-the-vouch-section

Would you be happy for me to lock this topic now or do you still think that the vouch section serves no purpose?
    So even though you contradict me in your first post, you do basically exactly what I said we should do in relation to the couch section ...

That's funny
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-11-24, 00:15

Connor wrote:
    Jon wrote:http://www.coradyce.com/t32364-the-purpose-of-the-vouch-section

So even though you contradict me in your first post, you do basically exactly what I said we should do in relation to the couch section ...

That's funny
    The way I read it, you were saying that vouch section has no purpose which is incorrect.

I never contradicted you. You were concerned that the vouch section is now redundant because it can be used for vouching for rwt and I reassured you that that was what it was still for? I can't say I really understand what you're accusing me of here? My stance hasn't changed. That topic that I just created is rewording my first post on this topic, which you opposed in your reply, but now you're claiming that that was the point you made in the original post? Have I misunderstood something or have you completely switched which side your arguing?

I'm not competing with you I'm trying to compromise a solution that everyone is happy with. If you consider this resolved then just say, so that I can lock it. There's no point in arguing over who should get credit for defining the purpose of the vouch section. Full credit to you for that if that's what you're after, can't say that I particularly care either way.
    Paul
    Paul
    Recruit
    Recruit

Dices Rolls

Post by Paul 2013-11-24, 00:41

Vouch section still serves a purpose. End of story.
    Connor
    Connor
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post by Connor 2013-11-24, 02:00

I still believe there is really no point to the vouch section, but what do I know, i'm just a sponsor/VIP.
    Sam
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Sam 2013-11-24, 07:12

Jon has found that extra copy of chromosome 21.
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-11-24, 12:52

Connor wrote:I still believe there is really no point to the vouch section, but what do I know, i'm just a sponsor/VIP.
    http://www.coradyce.com/t32364-the-purpose-of-the-vouch-section

What about this didn't clear up your concerns? Did it not explain the purpose of the vouch section?
    Sam wrote:Jon has found that extra copy of chromosome 21.
    How so?
    Paul
    Paul
    Recruit
    Recruit

Dices Rolls

Post by Paul 2013-11-24, 18:27

Sam wrote:Jon has found that extra copy of chromosome 21.
    He doesn't have Down Syndrome. >.<

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 11:52