Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan

+6
Naseem
Sam
Understand
Firefury54
Allen's Slave
Slash
10 posters

I don't think this has to do with coding but help please.

Slash
    Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

I don't think this has to do with coding but help please. Empty I don't think this has to do with coding but help please.

Post by Slash 2013-07-12, 18:37

My laptop burns up so fast, like when I load a game it starts making loud noises and it gets hot so fast, its so hot I can't put my hands on the keyboard sometimes
    Does this have to do with dust accumulation in the fans? Can I clean it?
    What do i dooo
    Allen's Slave
    Allen's Slave

I don't think this has to do with coding but help please. Empty Re: I don't think this has to do with coding but help please.

Post by Allen's Slave 2013-07-12, 18:41

More than likely your laptop can't handle the game at the settings you have it on, so it's putting everything it has into processing the data.

- What are you laptop specs? I.e. RAM, CPU, GPU. 
    - What games do this, and what settings are the video at?
    - What surface do you play on? Bed, desk?
    Firefury54
    Firefury54
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

I don't think this has to do with coding but help please. Empty Re: I don't think this has to do with coding but help please.

Post by Firefury54 2013-07-14, 02:49

Dude, your laptop just sucks. It's not build for games. Get a new laptop and make sure you ask the sales associate about the graphics card and whether it is good for games or not.

Source: I have a sucky laptop too
    Understand
    Understand

Post by Understand 2013-07-14, 03:31

I've had the same problem but with a desktop. What I did was open up my desktop and clean it up from all the dust. After that, it hasn't been doing the same. Try cleaning it from the dust and report back if that has helped or not.
    Sam
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Sam 2013-07-14, 12:00

I feel like your computer overheating to that point could damage the motherboard or some shit lol. Look into thermal paste (idk what it does, but I've heard of it before).
    Naseem
    Naseem

Post by Naseem 2013-07-14, 13:48

specs of the laptop?
    Slash
    Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Post by Slash 2013-08-22, 12:44

It's hp pavillion dm 4 , check the specs im too lazy.
    btw sorry for not posting on this totally forgot
    Allen's Slave
    Allen's Slave

Post by Allen's Slave 2013-08-22, 13:46

Slash wrote:It's hp pavillion dm 4 , check the specs im too lazy.
    btw sorry for not posting on this totally forgot
    No... You give me the specs lol... I can't just magically assume your specific build...
    Moe
    Moe
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Moe 2013-08-22, 14:23

Try using "google", right?
    Twelve Lubes
    Twelve Lubes
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Twelve Lubes 2013-08-27, 17:53

The DM4 usually has either an Intel GMA 4000/ATi Mobility Radeon HD 5450 card. The 5450 can't do much more than light games on lower settings. In terms of thermal paste, you can buy some at a hardware store and just lather it on your CPU/graphics chip to reduce heat, and clean up your fan vents. If you have the Intel GMA series well, you're fucked.

If your laptop is still getting too hot, its just your computer working overtime trying to get the games running, there are many cooling pads and other shit you can buy.
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-08-27, 22:16

This is better suited in PC Help.
    Zodz
    Zodz
    General
    General

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll: 12

Post by Zodz 2013-08-29, 06:46

Slash wrote:My laptop burns up so fast, like when I load a game it starts making loud noises and it gets hot so fast, its so hot I can't put my hands on the keyboard sometimes
    Does this have to do with dust accumulation in the fans? Can I clean it?
    What do i dooo
    1. Make sure you have space between the laptop and the surface its on. The space will make it so heat can flow freely from the device. Try not to keep it on cloth surfaces.

2. It is necessary to clear dust out of the laptop.

One thing you should be doing every couple of months is spraying the fan openings with "air duster". http://www.walmart.com/ip/Endust-10-oz-Non-Flammable-Air-Duster-with-Bitterant/14906675
    Aim it into the fan vents and spray with short bursts (that's how it works best. Don't hold it down for seconds at a time. short bursts nigga)

Another thing you will have to do, if you haven't been treating the vents with air duster. You will HAVE to open the laptop to remove dust. You can find schematics/manuals or even youtube videos that will help you safely open your specific laptop so you can remove the dust buildup.

3. Set your laptops power level. Chances are if it's over 9000 your shits gonna burn up (ask Vegeta)

Most laptops have several power options. Usually by right clicking on the battery sign you can select multiple power options. You may have it on high power, or balanced. You might try switching to "power saver". In advanced options you can pick settings for your GPU and processing usage (more power = hotter) and you can even adjust settings for when your fan is programmed to turn on

let me know if you need anymore help
    Slash
    Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Post by Slash 2013-08-29, 08:26

ooh thanks alot zodz, i'll note these things down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 05:28