Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan

2 posters

Need help w/video editting fx, Anyone here good in After Effects etc. ?

The Uzumaki
    VIP
    VIP

Need help w/video editting fx, Anyone here good in After Effects etc. ? Empty Need help w/video editting fx, Anyone here good in After Effects etc. ?

Post by The Uzumaki 2015-08-10, 09:07

Basically title^

I know it's the wrong section but w/e

Further details ; I'm filming a short film and am trying to create a scene where an amulet is tossed in the air, gets shot and shatters.

For now I have footage of the amulet getting tossed and someone taking a shot.

I'm not sure how to film the next part nor do I know how to edit the shattering part - though I'm assuming it should just be footage of the amulet flying mid-air by itself (by that I mean not showing the person who shoots is)

Personal thoughts : I feel that I should actually just film the backdrop but not the amulet getting tossed. I need to find a way to "import" the amulet into my editing software (After Effects), and then manipulate the shattering. I have no idea on how to "import" a 3d object let alone make it move and shatter on the backdrop that I want.

Anyway, if anybody has experience and knows how to create this shatter effect please let me know, I would really appreciate the help thanks.
    The Uzumaki
    VIP
    VIP

Need help w/video editting fx, Anyone here good in After Effects etc. ? Empty Re: Need help w/video editting fx, Anyone here good in After Effects etc. ?

Post by The Uzumaki 2015-08-11, 17:04

really desperate, anyone?
    Zodz
    Zodz
    General
    General

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll: 12

Need help w/video editting fx, Anyone here good in After Effects etc. ? Empty Re: Need help w/video editting fx, Anyone here good in After Effects etc. ?

Post by Zodz 2015-08-12, 03:40

there's  a couple ways to do this.

you will need a 3d object and colorize it the same colors as the item using color dropper for accuracy. then you can give this 3d object an explode effect (on a different layer, so you can make the 3d object transparent to replace it with the Real life object being thrown in air) either in photoshop 3d animator or after effects ... i'll look into this for u in a bit

Post by Guest 2015-08-12, 05:43

i'm assuming you have a .obj file; i don't think there's much possibilities with handling models while using ai. ai has a built-in option to import cinema 4d files (maybe maya/blender as well, too lazy to check), you could also model or import your existing amulet using c4d.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 15:47