Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan

+14
Joe
Lord Abigor
Andrew
Frosty
Paul
Allen1
The Uzumaki
Luke
James
aquatic girl
Zodz
Slash
Rand al'Thor
Nr
18 posters

Cora Prose Competition I - Community Event - Competition Thread.

Allen1
    Allen1

Cora Prose Competition I - Community Event - Competition Thread.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Cora Prose Competition I - Community Event - Competition Thread.

Post by Allen1 2015-02-01, 23:40

Slash wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:
    Nr wrote:
    Slash wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:these topics are so terrible lmao

No offence, but gonna +1 to this.

Wish we had a a little say in the topic tbh.

Hey now, there was nothing wrong with round 1.

I do admit, in hindsight, the second topic missed the mark... mostly because it was come up with minutes before I wanted to log out. Guess writing something good out of a terrible topic is part of the challenge this time. Wink

If you want to have input in the topics, no one's stopping you. If your ideas for how it should be shaped are good, they'll be implemented. I'm not taking direct topic ideas from participants though as it can give an unfair advantage.

In a distant parallel universe, Slash scored well on the SAT, got into a prestigious university, and made a seamless transition to endless job security and prosperity.

It's funny cause 94% percentile

You were in the 94th percentile for mathematics (reading and writing excluded) which is expected since the introductory math is taught so poorly here in the states. The 'percentile' is a representation of how you did relative to people in the United States. You're smart, so I hold you to a higher standard - not to a mediocre one set by College Board.

That said, when my brother took the SAT in 9th grade, he scored in the 99th in Math. I did too. So did Daft Punk, Tom, Cannons. It's honestly not that hard.
    Joe
    Joe
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Cora Prose Competition I - Community Event - Competition Thread.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Cora Prose Competition I - Community Event - Competition Thread.

Post by Joe 2015-02-02, 00:46

I would've scored 100%

I'm the smartest person here.

may the rage begin.
    Luke
    Luke
    Admin
    Admin

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Luke 2015-02-02, 01:40

This topic doe... I got nothing.
    Paul
    Paul
    Recruit
    Recruit

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll: 69

Post by Paul 2015-02-02, 03:48

Rand al'Thor wrote:
    Paul wrote:The purpose of this giveaway is to find a good writer in Cora Dyce...someone who can write about a topic that someone else gives them, not one of their choosing. Sounds an awful hell like school.
    King of the Hill ftw.
    That was so fun lol. I wrote a bunch of essays just to kill someone.
    Lelz
    Lelz
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Post by Lelz 2015-02-02, 10:15

my story was flawless, I put 2 long minutes in writing it

:c
    Lord Abigor
    Lord Abigor
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll: 6

Post by Lord Abigor 2015-02-02, 13:53

the topic.. my god..
    MiceTro

Post by MiceTro 2015-02-02, 16:45

Allen1 wrote:
    Slash wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:
    Nr wrote:
    Slash wrote:

I do admit, in hindsight, the second topic missed the mark... mostly because it was come up with minutes before I wanted to log out. Guess writing something good out of a terrible topic is part of the challenge this time. Wink

If you want to have input in the topics, no one's stopping you. If your ideas for how it should be shaped are good, they'll be implemented. I'm not taking direct topic ideas from participants though as it can give an unfair advantage.

In a distant parallel universe, Slash scored well on the SAT, got into a prestigious university, and made a seamless transition to endless job security and prosperity.

You were in the 94th percentile for mathematics (reading and writing excluded) which is expected since the introductory math is taught so poorly here in the states. The 'percentile' is a representation of how you did relative to people in the United States. You're smart, so I hold you to a higher standard - not to a mediocre one set by College Board.

That said, when my brother took the SAT in 9th grade, he scored in the 99th in Math. I did too. So did Daft Punk, Tom, Cannons. It's honestly not that hard.

Just snort some aderall
    Joe
    Joe
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Joe 2015-02-02, 17:20

MiceTro wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:
    Slash wrote:
    Allen1 wrote:
    Nr wrote:
    Slash wrote:

Just snort some aderall

shut up tom.

tom is 3 letters.

illuminati??
    Nr
    Nr
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Post by Nr 2015-02-02, 18:18

No one has sent their entry in yet and I'm feeling kind so:

I'll extend the deadline to 21:00 GMT on the 3rd of February. I won't be able to post them earlier anyway.

In the future, the topics will be more abstract. To make this round less specific, I'm deleting the part with Joey in it.

Topic: In one universe, the action James takes leads to him getting banned from Cora Dyce. In the alternate universe, he acts differently and doesn't get banned.

Genre: Science-Fiction
    James
    James
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by James 2015-02-02, 18:23

Take out Joe and add more James.

^ the solution to everything there, folks.
    Joe
    Joe
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Joe 2015-02-03, 00:07

Why did Nr use my name in his new question? Is it because I bullied iamtaba?
    Slash
    Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Post by Slash 2015-02-03, 08:06

Allen, not everyone gets above 90% ok relax.
    Lord Abigor
    Lord Abigor
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls

Post by Lord Abigor 2015-02-03, 10:20

gg all bye
    Luke
    Luke
    Admin
    Admin

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Luke 2015-02-03, 15:00

Still got nothing.
    Zodz
    Zodz
    General
    General

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll: 12

Post by Zodz 2015-02-03, 15:08

blame the lame topic and lose
    or write about Zodz and win
    Slash
    Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Post by Slash 2015-02-03, 15:55

Luke wrote:Still got nothing.
    Joe
    Joe
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Joe 2015-02-03, 18:17

Zodz wrote:blame the lame topic and lose

but when we write about you we get banned Sad
    Lord Abigor
    Lord Abigor
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls

Post by Lord Abigor 2015-02-04, 04:25

Slash wrote:
    Luke wrote:Still got nothing.

Zodz wrote:blame the lame topic and lose
    Slash
    Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Post by Slash 2015-02-04, 21:25

Connor wrote:K

going for 10k?
    Nr
    Nr
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Post by Nr 2015-02-05, 00:58

I only received Lord Abigor's entry, even after not making a post 24h after the deadline. I assume it is safe to say that this competition has failed?

Allen1
    Allen1

Post by Allen1 2015-02-05, 00:59

Nr wrote:I only received Lord Abigor's entry, even after not making a post 24h after the deadline. I assume it is safe to say that this competition has failed?

cheers
    MiceTro

Post by MiceTro 2015-02-05, 01:20

So, in theory, I can post "James" on this thread and not get banned?
    MiceTro

Post by MiceTro 2015-02-05, 01:20

James
    Joe
    Joe
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Joe 2015-02-05, 01:22

Nr wrote:I only received Lord Abigor's entry, even after not making a post 24h after the deadline. I assume it is safe to say that this competition has failed?

1 person entered the competition

illuminati has 1 eye.

coincidence?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 18:02