Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan

+6
DuhYerrowAzn
Zodz
Cannons
Dogs>Cats
Rock
Connor
10 posters

Minecraft 1.8

Poll

Should We Keep The Minecraft 1.8 Server?

[ 5 ]
    Minecraft 1.8 Bar_left50%Minecraft 1.8 Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Minecraft 1.8 Bar_left20%Minecraft 1.8 Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Minecraft 1.8 Bar_left30%Minecraft 1.8 Bar_right [30%] 

Total Votes: 10
    Connor
    Connor
    Recruit
    Recruit

Minecraft 1.8 Empty Minecraft 1.8

Post by Connor 2014-09-08, 00:47

Zodz can we actually leave this server on how it is??

I don't wanna play any of that modded stuff.

It'll be way more fun for everyone to start from scratch.

If anyone decides to grief, just ban them immediately.

We should be able to play on this server all in harmony....

Last edited by Connor on 2014-09-08, 03:54; edited 1 time in total
    Rock
    Rock

Minecraft 1.8 Empty Re: Minecraft 1.8

Post by Rock 2014-09-08, 00:54

Support, 1.8 should be a new start for all of us and forget about all the old creations we had. Just don't add any plugins/mods. 1.8 should be a new start for everyone, and if people still want to play on the plugin server, you could probably have two seperate servers. To be honest I'd rather start off as a brand new server with everyone else. You shouldn't really be adding Xen either, I know it was useful and all but it gave the other players advantages over you. If people grief on the server, you should just put a permanent ban on them and not just say "You should go mine xen and get your place protected". That's not what Minecraft is, protecting places... It'd be way better if the griefers who grief and not just "Excessively Grief" get banned.
    Connor
    Connor
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post by Connor 2014-09-08, 02:31

Rock wrote:Support, 1.8 should be a new start for all of us and forget about all the old creations we had. Just don't add any plugins/mods. 1.8 should be a new start for everyone, and if people still want to play on the plugin server, you could probably have two seperate servers. To be honest I'd rather start off as a brand new server with everyone else. You shouldn't really be adding Xen either, I know it was useful and all but it gave the other players advantages over you. If people grief on the server, you should just put a permanent ban on them and not just say "You should go mine xen and get your place protected". That's not what Minecraft is, protecting places... It'd be way better if the griefers who grief and not just "Excessively Grief" get banned.

agree 100%
    Dogs>Cats
    Dogs>Cats
    General
    General

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll: 100

Post by Dogs>Cats 2014-09-08, 02:40

support cuz my house sucked compared to all urs
    Cannons

Post by Cannons 2014-09-08, 02:59

No support

Making threads with Zodz names increases his activity on the forums therefore decreasing the quality of forums.
    Connor
    Connor
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post by Connor 2014-09-08, 03:53

Cannons wrote:No support

Making threads with Zodz names increases his activity on the forums therefore decreasing the quality of forums.

lmfao?
    Zodz
    Zodz
    General
    General

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll: 12

Post by Zodz 2014-09-08, 05:35

Connor wrote:
    Rock wrote:That's not what Minecraft is, protecting places... It'd be way better if the griefers who grief and not just "Excessively Grief" get banned.

agree 100%

I must say I disagree with this.

Ban those that grief - we don't have enough players to be banning everyone who griefs another person. What if i catch them doing it in 'secret', What is the extent to which griefing is worthy of a ban, how many times can one kill another in a row before it's bannable? What about the fact that the server is up 99.98% of the time... giving people time to scour the entire world for your hidden mansion made of diamond so they can consume it and all your treasures instantly. I don't believe in  turning off the game for those who play it. I do believe in setting the default to "full PVP" and not "PVP unless u grief" (more honest to the game itself).
    Connor
    Connor
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post by Connor 2014-09-08, 05:46

Zodz wrote:
    Connor wrote:
    Rock wrote:That's not what Minecraft is, protecting places... It'd be way better if the griefers who grief and not just "Excessively Grief" get banned.

agree 100%

I must say I disagree with this.

Ban those that grief - we don't have enough players to be banning everyone who griefs another person. What if i catch them doing it in 'secret', What is the extent to which griefing is worthy of a ban, how many times can one kill another in a row before it's bannable? What about the fact that the server is up 99.98% of the time... giving people time to scour the entire world for your hidden mansion made of diamond so they can consume it and all your treasures instantly. I don't believe in  turning off the game for those who play it. I do believe in setting the default to "full PVP" and not "PVP unless u grief" (more honest to the game itself).

We are talking about greifing not PvPing.

Last edited by Connor on 2014-09-08, 06:01; edited 1 time in total
    DuhYerrowAzn
    DuhYerrowAzn
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by DuhYerrowAzn 2014-09-08, 05:50

lost all my botted acrobatic levels

---

im ok with this

maybe
    Connor
    Connor
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post by Connor 2014-09-08, 05:53

DuhYerrowAzn wrote:lost all my botted acrobatic levels

---

im ok with this

maybe

lol Razz

I just found diamonds on the server.

First person to do so I think. 8 total ores <3 <3
    Throy #2

Post by Throy #2 2014-09-08, 13:04

Support. I would actually play again
    Joe
    Joe
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Joe 2014-09-08, 13:18

Support, don't add the /addtarget thing too...
    Connor
    Connor
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post by Connor 2014-09-08, 14:39

Throy #2 wrote:Support. I would actually play again

I wish you would come back throy Sad
    Zodz
    Zodz
    General
    General

Dices Rolls

Post by Zodz 2014-09-08, 19:20

have fun while you can... the server is very public so with the server how it is, there is no stopping people from coming on (using xray) and finding/destroying everything you've got, or assassinating you over and over. You might complain to someone (me, a mod) and they might not ban them in time or the people will create another account.

My goal has always just to been improve the vanilla minecraft server, or just adjust it to be able to maintain publicity with some nice quests.
    Connor
    Connor
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post by Connor 2014-09-08, 20:10

Zodz wrote:have fun while you can... the server is very public so with the server how it is, there is no stopping people from coming on (using xray) and finding/destroying everything you've got, or assassinating you over and over. You might complain to someone (me, a mod) and they might not ban them in time or the people will create another account.

My goal has always just to been improve the vanilla minecraft server, or just adjust it to be able to maintain publicity with some nice quests.

Quests weren't a good addition to the server, neither was adding NPC's (Besides villagers), the ability to trade in a seperate menu, the ability to teleport other players, or spawning in other creations onto the server. You are taking creations made from other people and adding it to our server.
    The only good addition to the server was chest protecting. That's about all I agree with.

Your "goal" has been to do whatever you want and not listen to what anyone else has been saying to you. I understand you think you are making the server "better" and more fun. But you need to learn to just let the game be how it is.
    It's basically like going into call of duty and adding auto-aiming, unlimited spring, unlimited health, and ability to see through walls. Sure it might seem cool for the person that put them in, but it harms the game.

The old server became fucked the moment items started getting spawned into the server. Things should be built by the players themselves, and the items should be harvested in the game, not spawned in so that you can create whatever you want.

The point isn't to add as many mods as you can and see what happens. You have obviously never played minecraft before. Which actually makes sense because the moment you made the server, you had no idea how to even make a pickaxe.
    Joe
    Joe
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Joe 2014-09-08, 21:45

Agree^
    Rock
    Rock

Post by Rock 2014-09-08, 22:18

Original to the vanilla server? You sure Zodz? Adding NPC's and Flying boots makes it a vanilla server still...? I still support for a fresh new server.
    Zodz
    Zodz
    General
    General

Dices Rolls

Post by Zodz 2014-09-08, 22:34

Connor wrote:
    Zodz wrote:have fun while you can... the server is very public so with the server how it is, there is no stopping people from coming on (using xray) and finding/destroying everything you've got, or assassinating you over and over. You might complain to someone (me, a mod) and they might not ban them in time or the people will create another account.

Quests weren't a good addition to the server, neither was adding NPC's (Besides villagers), the ability to trade in a seperate menu, the ability to teleport other players, or spawning in other creations onto the server. You are taking creations made from other people and adding it to our server.
    The only good addition to the server was chest protecting. That's about all I agree with.

Your "goal" has been to do whatever you want and not listen to what anyone else has been saying to you. I understand you think you are making the server "better" and more fun. But you need to learn to just let the game be how it is.
    It's basically like going into call of duty and adding auto-aiming, unlimited spring, unlimited health, and ability to see through walls. Sure it might seem cool for the person that put them in, but it harms the game.

The old server became fucked the moment items started getting spawned into the server. Things should be built by the players themselves, and the items should be harvested in the game, not spawned in so that you can create whatever you want.

The point isn't to add as many mods as you can and see what happens. You have obviously never played minecraft before. Which actually makes sense because the moment you made the server, you had no idea how to even make a pickaxe.

it's not vs me your arguing with, you're vsing the people who log onto the server with cheats and destroy you stuff. Quests were to add an enjoyable element to the game. You never got to experience the quests except for maybe the Bat Killer daily quest where u had to kill 15 quests and report back to the NPC for a reward. Quests are a nice additional element.

But like I said, ur arguing for the sake of cheaters, x-rayers, dupers and no-lifers that will destroy you and your creations and steal your loot over and over again on the 24/7 server - ban evading, then new people come, etc.

The point is to keep the original minecraft, add quests as an extra element to do when your finally bored, prevent griefers and hackers and add a way to protect your chests and your houses. That's all that happened in our bukkit server (the one currently offline). the only game-mechanic modifying thing added were fly boots and also the Target List so people couldn't randomly assassinate you when ur out and about, and instead were forced to legitimately PVP you until your death (unless you went to a non-pvp zone). There was also mcmmo but I wasn't a fan of that plugin.

This isn't as much of a debate as me letting you know what's been going on and what will happen if we keep a pure vanilla mc server. People will beg for the ban of particular people, and those people will return or more/new griefers will appear in off-hours and thwart innocent minecrafters over and over again. that's what happens when you run a Public 24/7 server
    Rock
    Rock

Post by Rock 2014-09-08, 22:43

So basically what you are saying is that you'd rather want MC how you want it to be and not how the community wants it to be...? A lot of people quit cause of pointless plugins and other things...
    Zodz
    Zodz
    General
    General

Dices Rolls

Post by Zodz 2014-09-08, 23:45

Rock wrote:So basically what you are saying is that you'd rather want MC how you want it to be and not how the community wants it to be...? A lot of people quit cause of pointless plugins and other things...

No what i'm providing is forsight... You won't be able to have anything of value in a 100% vanilla minecraft. Griefers won't be able to be handled in a 24/7 public open server in 100% vanilla minecraft.

I respect your decision because I like to remain true to games. But sometimes games need more stuff to make it satisfactorily multiplayer. There's a reason why pure vanilla servers don't usually have large communities, but instead small private ones. Compare it to servers that use Mods that make you have to download large mods to play their server -- compare it to my plugins that secure ur chests, let you log in securely, prevent X-rays and dupes, allow you to protect your space by just spending time mining, providing story-line/daily quests to do when you're bored. most of these plugins are literally Essential or else you can't really have anything of value on a public 24/7 server.
    sniperrex9
    sniperrex9

Post by sniperrex9 2014-09-10, 00:15

If i promise not to Grief can we keep the server as it is?
    Connor
    Connor
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post by Connor 2014-09-10, 01:49

sniperrex9 wrote:If i promise not to Grief can we keep the server as it is?

yes please. Razz
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2014-09-23, 19:57

What you're saying is that you know better what we want on the minecraft server, than we know what we want ourselves?

Nice.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-28, 18:40