Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan

+10
Moe
CM
Connor
Tom's Slave
Feuer Kaiser
G
Twelve Lubes
Boofz
okOKok
semi cooked semi raw cod
14 posters

Hosts shouldn't be in betting comp (again)

semi cooked semi raw cod

Hosts shouldn't be in betting comp (again) Empty Hosts shouldn't be in betting comp (again)

Post by semi cooked semi raw cod 2014-03-01, 04:16

So yeah, I brought this up a few months ago and it seems a few hosts decided they wouldn't bet. But since the certain few have a chance to profit since 1st place for eoc is 500m (and 1st for 07 is 25m), that claim of not betting anymore was thrown out of the window.

I believe I said it before, but I'll repeat it. It isn't fair to normal betters that they have to try alot harder to get the top 5 because hosts get their effortless money from hosting. When betters are cleaned they have to spend hours or so on RS to make a couple mil or buy gold. When hosts are cleaned some of their money is refunded through their transactions OR they can wait until other betters get cleaned and they can continually bet.

Yes the hosts on the top 5 and/or hosts not in the top 5 will say they earned that money as an argument. Yes it's obvious you earned that money, but my point is since it's extremely easy for you to earn that money, you won't use as much restraint betting since you can easily get it back thus you'll inevitably end up alot higher on the leaderboard than normal betters.

Yes there will be the argument of "waiting until there's enough betters" but the betters won't come once they see all those hosts on the leaderboard. An instance is PrisonB, a prominent SM better, who heard rumors of Cora being rigged and was especially suspicious because of the hosts on the leaderboard and that scared him away.

If you wait long enough and not base "not enough betters" on only 1~2 days of betting, you'll see alot of people will bet on the last 2 days to win that 500m and you can still turn a profit. Even Dragondyce, who's obviously dying, already know it's common sense not to have hosts in their competition. SM even raised their 1st place to 1b since it was doing so well without hosts influence.

/Discuss
    okOKok
    okOKok

Hosts shouldn't be in betting comp (again) Empty +1 vouch

Post by okOKok 2014-03-01, 04:31

i think this is a very valid point

there is such a small chance of us getting ranked
    meaning there is a small chance of getting a steady rs income
    meaning we wast hrs on skilling
    or we wast irl money on gold (which still = irl hrs)
    being the bettors is what keeps this clan running, im my heart i feel like there should be more respect as far as comps like this.

and also 58x2 should payout a full 2x, being your 8% higher odds then us any how
    if its gonna be 10% comish then it should be 50x2 with 10% comish not 58x2 + 10%
    aswell as a push with dealer in blackjack should get 100% refund.

being a huge bettor the past few years, and overcoming all of the changes that the clan has had to make caused by jagex
    i really hope you read and reconsider these small but could be big issues

as ic said the betters keep the hosts happy with a income, i believe the owner and or hosts should make sure betters are happy

thx: 2 ok
    semi cooked semi raw cod

Hosts shouldn't be in betting comp (again) Empty Re: Hosts shouldn't be in betting comp (again)

Post by semi cooked semi raw cod 2014-03-01, 06:08

Pretty much ^

Plus if less betters win the comp there's a lot less likely chance they'll come back to try for the following weeks anyway.
    okOKok
    okOKok

Hosts shouldn't be in betting comp (again) Empty Re: Hosts shouldn't be in betting comp (again)

Post by okOKok 2014-03-01, 06:18

meaning less long term money for the clan it's self 2012 i betted over 15k in this fc irl money
    Jaycubb
    Jaycubb

Post by Jaycubb 2014-03-01, 06:44

Its obvious?
    Connor = Bought all his gold
    Xine = Richest member in Cora Dyce
    LostNoMore = Got lucky

Hosts don't make much anymore alright m8
    Boofz
    Boofz
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Boofz 2014-03-01, 07:40

Jaycubb wrote:Its obvious?
    LostNoMore = Got lucky

Still make more than me.
    Twelve Lubes
    Twelve Lubes
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Twelve Lubes 2014-03-01, 15:13

LostNoMore = Got lucky

That's no excuse lmao. We make money literally by sitting on our asses and afking. How are betters supposed to make stable income to compete with our hosts?
    Jaycubb
    Jaycubb

Post by Jaycubb 2014-03-01, 15:37

Twelve Lubes wrote:
    LostNoMore = Got lucky

That's no excuse lmao. We make money literally by sitting on our asses and afking. How are betters supposed to make stable income to compete with our hosts?

I dunno about you but I do not make much money AT all. Legit you could bot @ 500k/hr for 6 hours each day and make more money then I would hosting for 8 hours each day
    G
    G
    Highroller
    Highroller

Post by G 2014-03-01, 15:40

Jaycubb wrote:
    Twelve Lubes wrote:
    LostNoMore = Got lucky

I dunno about you but I do not make much money AT all. Legit you could bot @ 500k/hr for 6 hours each day and make more money then I would hosting for 8 hours each day

Bullshit. 10m+ pays are a lot more frequent now, atleast for me.
    semi cooked semi raw cod

Post by semi cooked semi raw cod 2014-03-01, 16:10

Jaycubb your ignorance is showing again.

I literally saw Feuer and many other people with 15m+ pays throughout the week thanks to me and other betters betting. Even yesterday Jon got a 30m+ pay. I know hosts don't get their 60m~100m a day they used to but they still make a good amount daily when they're actually hosting because, like I said before, more people trying to win the comp. But instead of letting betters try to win the comp, they're trying to profit even more by winning both of the comps which instead of "bringing in people" its OBVIOUSLY going to drive them away.

I mean how is hosts betting in the comp until "more betters come" really productive if they won't even try after seeing a leaderboard full of hosts.
    Feuer Kaiser
    Feuer Kaiser

Post by Feuer Kaiser 2014-03-01, 20:09

These are good points. When people start to not bet here anymore because they don't have a chance vs the hosts on the leaderboard, that is a serious problem. It's all a matter of greed for people, they don't even think about the main problems it causes.
    semi cooked semi raw cod

Post by semi cooked semi raw cod 2014-03-02, 05:08

Woo, hosts got removed! Thanks for the support.

Oh, and before Xine and/or Aaron or any host tries to reverse the ruling, here are a few counter points to your arguments.

Hosts shouldn't be in betting comp (again) 651655d2c4d91e1bf173ba5cb9d4d1d4

If you'd like to compete against someone so badly, you can kindly ask Godfury to make a FRIENDLY competition where there's no reward, you just compete for bragging rights and to say you bet more than other hosts [since apparently that's what you're really after (LOL YOU'RE NOT)].

If you're betting but not on the leaderboard, you should be thinking, like you have for the past year+, that you're betting in hopes of winning, not in hopes of receiving an extra incentive for betting when you're already a host. It's not like the leaderboard has existed your whole hosting life lol you've gotten along fine without it.

Uh yes, there has been people besides myself complain about hosts being on the leaderboard but haven't been as vocal as me. I.E okokok, blueyojoe, variety of rational hosts.

Yes hosts being on the leaderboard will ruin your reputation. To betters it doesn't mean you have hosts that'll call your wagers (in fact you guys wouldn't even call their bets, you just do many small wagers alot of times to increase your bet total lol), it shows a clan that has so little betters that they have to include hosts to make the clan look big. Or (to new people ) hosts are rigging the bot so they never get cleaned.

Yes you guys are negative because you've been trying to minimize the loss you've gotten from betting so much, but since alot of you were aiming for 1st, you kept spending to ensure that 500m lmfao.

As I said before, you're not inserting cash, you're just recycling cash, inserting cash is getting new members into the clan. By the way, ask Nords and Lost. They most likely will say they bet to win the prize than for whatever BS reasons you came up with if they're being honest. Though Lost and Nords realized it'd be stupid to keep betting if their opponent will just add more cash previously saved from hosting to win and I commend them on that.

Oh, and one last thing. I hope you (Xine and Aaron ) suddenly don't stop betting just because you're not on the leaderboard, hosts would love for you to continue helping them out by betting. Just wanted to mention that because the last time you were unable to abuse a hosting system (wagering on each other to lose less money) your betting activity dropped like a rock. Wink

Oh, and sorry for the taking things out of host section (yes I still have access) but I wanted to show how deluded some hosts are and how they can twist things. Oh, and sorry for the LMS essay

Last edited by semi cooked semi raw cod on 2014-03-02, 05:20; edited 1 time in total
    Tom's Slave
    Tom's Slave
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Tom's Slave 2014-03-02, 05:16

Talk that shit Cannon..

and no worries, your essays actually have a purpose.

They're not the LMS essays with the ">.> , -.-. (EDIT: EDIT: EDIT: ( ^.^ -.-)"
    Connor
    Connor
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post by Connor 2014-03-02, 05:30

Lmfao. We don't make nearly as much as the old days. I'm lucky to make 50m in a week. I could set up a bot and make more money botting than hosting.

If I buy 1b and wager it, I have as much right as anyone else here to bet and be put on the leaderboards.
    semi cooked semi raw cod

Post by semi cooked semi raw cod 2014-03-02, 05:35

Connor wrote:Lmfao. We don't make nearly as much as the old days. I'm lucky to make 50m in a week. I could set up a bot and make more money botting than hosting.

If I buy 1b and wager it, I have as much right as anyone else here to bet and be put on the leaderboards.

Yeah I know you buy $, if you want you can resign from hosting and buy GP with $ and get all the 1st places you want. OR, just had a brilliant plan, if you want to make more money, you can set up a bot AND host at the same TIME. WGJOJWOGWFKWEFPW

Seriously, if you want to make more cash do you botting or skilling or w.e and whenever you hear a beep you can do your cashin/cashout and make apparently double your income. But having easy money by hosting and being on the leaderboard shouldn't be an option. Or, like I said, resign from hosting and use your real $ to win all those 1st places.
    Connor
    Connor
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post by Connor 2014-03-02, 05:36

semi cooked semi raw cod wrote:
    Connor wrote:Lmfao. We don't make nearly as much as the old days. I'm lucky to make 50m in a week. I could set up a bot and make more money botting than hosting.

Yeah I know you buy $, if you want you can resign from hosting and buy GP with $ and get all the 1st places you want. OR, just had a brilliant plan, if you want to make more money, you can set up a bot AND host at the same TIME. WGJOJWOGWFKWEFPW

Seriously, if you want to make more cash do you botting or skilling or w.e and whenever you hear a beep you can do your cashin/cashout and make apparently double your income. But having easy money by hosting and being on the leaderboard shouldn't be an option. Or, like I said, resign from hosting and use your real $ to win all those 1st places.

The ignorance and complaining in this community about hosts is hilarious.
    Bf
    Bf
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Post by Bf 2014-03-02, 05:39

Talk shit get hit
    semi cooked semi raw cod

Post by semi cooked semi raw cod 2014-03-02, 05:40

Connor wrote:

So do you actually know what ignorance means or are you trying to say that to sound good?
    Connor
    Connor
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post by Connor 2014-03-02, 05:52

Connor wrote:

So do you actually know what ignorance means or are you trying to say that to sound good?

No I have the brain capacity of a grade 1 student. Of course I know what it fucking means.
    So many of you kids bitch about hosts.
    And now that we are betting in giveaways, you have another thing to complain about.
    Here let's remove all the gp bet by hosts and see how it helps the community. That's at least 30b less that is getting wagered a week.
    Feuer Kaiser
    Feuer Kaiser

Post by Feuer Kaiser 2014-03-02, 05:54

lol @ me being accused of sending that screenie -_-
    semi cooked semi raw cod

Post by semi cooked semi raw cod 2014-03-02, 06:08

Connor wrote:
    Connor wrote:

No I have the brain capacity of a grade 1 student. Of course I know what it fucking means.
    So many of you kids bitch about hosts.
    And now that we are betting in giveaways, you have another thing to complain about.
    Here let's remove all the gp bet by hosts and see how it helps the community. That's at least 30b less that is getting wagered a week.

Do you read what you say before you post it?

Hosts didn't even bet half of 15b this week or the week before, or if they did it may have been a bit above half. And it's not "bitching" it's trying to show logic that should be common sense but as I've said so many times, common sense in Cora isn't so common.

First off, hosts betting gp, how does that benefit the community? You guys bet, other hosts get commission, those hosts bet, other hosts get commission. Is the community suddenly made up of hosts? Or are you referring to the occasional times you guys donate to the jackpot when you're up a bit from betting.

It seems that you and a select few other hosts are taking the hosting privilege for granted. You're complaining about making 50m a week for barely DOING ANYTHING. I could understand if you had to take out alot of time to refer people and show people the ropes or recruit people but no, you just do the same thing daily, take cashins/cashouts, go in game and confirm their credits. And you earn 50m a week doing that and complaining? Seriously?

Then to top it all off, instead of allowing betters who got cleaned trying to make a profit get some of their money back by the giveaway, hosts like you are trying to make an extra profit by also entering the leaderboard. Forget the fact that normal members don't have an opportunity to make 50m a week by doing maybe 1 hours worth of work and they have no steady source of income, let's just try to top the leaderboard and make some GAINZ.

^ There's the bitching about hosts.

Oh and no, Feuer didn't send me that pic lol, I've always had a glimpse into the host section but I had to respond to an ignorant post.
    Connor
    Connor
    Recruit
    Recruit

Post by Connor 2014-03-02, 06:20

Where did I say feurer sent you that pic? I don't see that anywhere dipshit.

Lol. And I'm trying to make an extra profit? I'm one of the most active bettors in this clan and always have been. I've been betting since day one to try and make "extra profit". I have every right to be in the weekly giveaways. If I get cleaned, I buy gp and then wager it. 98% of the money I wager is my own. And look who's talking. You buy gp as well to wager it. Is it all of a sudden different just because you don't have a cyan name and a recruit symbol?

Oh wait. & hosts didn't bet half of 15b this past week? Um. I wagered 10.6b, Xine wagered 10b, and lost no more wagered like 7.5b. The 3 of us alone make at least half of what is wagered total in a week.
    Bf
    Bf
    Honorary Member
    Honorary Member

Post by Bf 2014-03-02, 06:24

Random Majed wrote:Guys, it's already been decided that hosts aren't allowed in the leaderboards this week. Let's see how it goes, and take it from there.

such random wisdom majed
    semi cooked semi raw cod

Post by semi cooked semi raw cod 2014-03-02, 06:34

Connor wrote:Where did I say feurer sent you that pic? I don't see that anywhere dipshit.

Lol. And I'm trying to make an extra profit? I'm one of the most active bettors in this clan and always have been. I've been betting since day one to try and make "extra profit". I have every right to be in the weekly giveaways. If I get cleaned, I buy gp and then wager it. 98% of the money I wager is my own. And look who's talking. You buy gp as well to wager it. Is it all of a sudden different just because you don't have a cyan name and a recruit symbol?

Oh wait. & hosts didn't bet half of 15b this past week? Um. I wagered 10.6b, Xine wagered 10b, and lost no more wagered like 7.5b. The 3 of us alone make at least half of what is wagered total in a week.

Did I say "Connor, don't accuse Feuer of sending that picture" or was my response to anyone accusing him? People are right about you making things about yourself lol.

As I said before, if you want to be in the leaderboard giveaway you can give up your rank and bet all you want. Part of the reason why you became host is because of the amount you bet, and you SHOULD be making it back by hosting but instead you're betting it off and that's your decision.

I bought GP to wager it because, like I said before, I don't have a steady hosting income like you do or there would be no need for me to do that.

And that was my mistake, I was referring to the two previous weeks where the hosts together did not wager 15b each of those weeks. But good job, you guys hit ~30b this week, many congratulations!

And finally, like I said before, if it really means so much to do, ask Godfury to make a hosts only leaderboard so you can see who bet the most and have those bragging rights. If you want you can showoff your betting total to betters and say things like "I bet more than you!" or "I'm in the lead!", it would be lots of fun.

Feuer Kaiser
    Feuer Kaiser

Post by Feuer Kaiser 2014-03-02, 06:45

Random Majed wrote:
    Random Majed wrote:Guys, it's already been decided that hosts aren't allowed in the leaderboards this week. Let's see how it goes, and take it from there.

such random wisdom majed
    much good point

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-17, 08:51