Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan

+4
Moe
Jon
Rand al'Thor
Rock
8 posters

Irc rules need to be changed.

Poll

Do you think this rule should be changed?

[ 7 ]
    Irc rules need to be changed. Bar_left44%Irc rules need to be changed. Bar_right [44%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Irc rules need to be changed. Bar_left6%Irc rules need to be changed. Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Irc rules need to be changed. Bar_left50%Irc rules need to be changed. Bar_right [50%] 

Total Votes: 16
    Rock
    Rock

Irc rules need to be changed. Empty Irc rules need to be changed.

Post by Rock 2013-12-27, 21:54

According to Jon, he said in the host section Andy's cashout rules were as stated:

If the player is cashing out, you have to pay them out no matter what happened on the IRC.

I think the rules should be changed.

Story: Today in the IRC , z4s got a query from Xodz on the IRC telling him to transfer 89m to the account Merica. Merica is also known as Hala Dat N. Z4S then transfered the cash to the irc account Merica. Later on today he was banned then later unbanned by JonAward. After around like 15 minutes, Merica then decided to cash out all his 98m or so. It was then JonAward who cashed him out but keep in mind JonAward knew Merica scammed Z4S. JonAward then paid him out then Merica was gone after that point.

I say the rules should be changed I mean, all JonAward was doing was following Andy's rules which was to pay out the casher out guy no matter what has happened.

Rules should be changed to - If the scammer is trying to cash out and you know they scammed someone on the IRC it should be resolved before you let them cash out.

You can't just simply let a scammer get away by letting them cash out then they're gone.
    Rand al'Thor
    Rand al'Thor
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Irc rules need to be changed. Empty Re: Irc rules need to be changed.

Post by Rand al'Thor 2013-12-27, 22:30

Rock wrote:If the player is cashing out, you have to pay them out no matter what happened on the IRC.
    Why couldn't Feuer cash out?

Lmao, Andy & Co... what a bunch of self-serving pricks.
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-12-27, 22:57

They absolutely have to change. That rule is retarded. If someone has been scammed and they have the money on their credits, then we should be allowed to return the money to the rightful owner.

I cashed him out because I was obliged to because of the retarded rule, and I knew that if I delayed it (as Cannons did) then the outcome would only be the same as the ho-li-chit case. Because of this, I did exactly as Andy/zodz would expect me to, to illustrate how stupid the rule is, in the hope that it would be changed.

I would also like to point out that I did not unban him, I removed his old IP off the ban list because he has a dynamic and he was already in our channel at the time that I removed his IP. We have a limited number of places on our ban list so it didn't make sense to have a dynamic IP that was not in use on our ban list, taking up one of the spaces.
    Moe
    Moe
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Moe 2013-12-28, 01:28

Cannons all over again
    Rock
    Rock

Post by Rock 2013-12-28, 01:45

Moe wrote:Cannons all over again

This isn't like Cannon's and HoLiChit Thing. This is different, theres happened on the Cora Ps. This happened on the Irc.
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-12-28, 01:54

Rock wrote:
    Moe wrote:Cannons all over again

This isn't like Cannon's and HoLiChit Thing. This is different, theres happened on the Cora Ps. This happened on the Irc.
    so the medium through which the scammer scams is the difference between whether or not giving the money back the the real owner is justified or not? O.o
    Iamtaba
    Iamtaba
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Iamtaba 2013-12-28, 02:26

@ Jon you should try perm banning him
    Like if he is using Swift-ewrjfkdsalfjll.hello.net
    you ban Swift-*.hello.net
    so that even if he changes the ewralksedfjlsdkfjsdlkj, it will still be banned
    Chances are you'll ban like 2 people with it, I'm not sure.
    Ali
    Ali
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Ali 2013-12-28, 06:26

I thought the purpose of using IRC dicing was to make things safer.

Surprised 
    Jaycubb
    Jaycubb

Post by Jaycubb 2013-12-29, 11:47

Nope Rock. We can't scam scammers... makes us scammers which we are not. Heaps of people have been scammed by imposters in the past, it is not up to us to get your money back. It is your own fault if you trade it away. If someone has credits in the irc, we cash them out. End of story.
    Boofz
    Boofz
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Boofz 2013-12-30, 00:11

Jaycubb wrote:Nope Rock. We can't scam scammers... makes us scammers which we are not. Heaps of people have been scammed by imposters in the past, it is not up to us to get your money back. It is your own fault if you trade it away. If someone has credits in the irc, we cash them out. End of story.
    Okay, so Cannons was forced to pay and I don't know if he had to cash out the scammer - but some host did.

Sand Crawl gets scammed by someone using the nick 'Xodz', and Jon cashed out the scammer ~80m or so. After Jon cashed him out, Zodz tries to tell Jon, "don't cash him out".

Trying to bend rules forever.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-19, 13:57