Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan

+3
Sponge
Rand al'Thor
Allen's Slave
7 posters

CoraTalker v1.1 | Source Code Release

Allen's Slave
    Allen's Slave

CoraTalker v1.1 | Source Code Release Empty CoraTalker v1.1 | Source Code Release

Post by Allen's Slave 2013-06-01, 22:37

Hey everyone. As some of you may remember, I created an AutoTalker back in the day for Cora Dyce hosts. I only sent the program to hosts, and never released the source code, as I did not want other clans utilizing it. It's by no means great, but I had an enjoyable time coding it and learning some new things. The full source code is included below.

Things to note:

#1: This code is sloppy as hell. I wrote a lot of it after 1 a.m., so if you're looking for some beautiful organizational skills, look somewhere else. It's not nearly as optimized as it could be, but for the job at hand it works fine.

#2: The algorithm to determine typing speed in the code below is NOT the actual code I used. v1.2 was coming out with an algorithm I have been working on for some time, but it is still in testing phases. The reason I didn't release it is because I will be using the better code on an AIO AutoTalker, that I'll most likely sell or release publicly. Basically, it mimics your two hands positions, and determines how quickly you could type out words based on finger positions and where the other keys are located on the board. I'll hopefully release this soon.

#3: The public/friends/clan chat can get kind of screwy. It was working, then I moved some stuff around, then it started acting up. If you guys want to fix it, be my guest.

#4: This was while I was still learning a good deal, so no hating on muh code. Razz

#5: Post any questions you want, would be more than happy to answer them.

Spoiler:
    Rand al'Thor
    Rand al'Thor
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

CoraTalker v1.1 | Source Code Release Empty Re: CoraTalker v1.1 | Source Code Release

Post by Rand al'Thor 2013-06-01, 23:32

Wow.

And you know how epic this sounds?

Tom wrote:... Basically, it mimics your two hands positions, and determines how quickly you could type out words based on finger positions and where the other keys are located on the board...
    Very.

~

Btw, you may want to disable emoticons in your post, or include the code in the code BBCode (lol). I was thinking of this in particular.

Spoiler:

We know Mistro is cooler than us. You needn't remind us again Sad

Edit:
    Or people could just quote you. I noticed the spaces as well.
    Nvm >.>

Edit Again:
    Nooo, it's better to use
    Code:
    [code][/code]
    It shows the spaces.
    Allen's Slave
    Allen's Slave

CoraTalker v1.1 | Source Code Release Empty Re: CoraTalker v1.1 | Source Code Release

Post by Allen's Slave 2013-06-02, 02:09

Rand al'Thor wrote:Wow.

And you know how epic this sounds?

Tom wrote:... Basically, it mimics your two hands positions, and determines how quickly you could type out words based on finger positions and where the other keys are located on the board...
    Very.

~

Btw, you may want to disable emoticons in your post, or include the code in the code BBCode (lol). I was thinking of this in particular.

Spoiler:

We know Mistro is cooler than us. You needn't remind us again Sad

Edit:
    Or people could just quote you. I noticed the spaces as well.
    Nvm >.>

Edit Again:
    Nooo, it's better to use
    Code:
    [code][/code]
    It shows the spaces.

I'm excited! Basically I'll be using a 2-dimensional array and comparing the different sections in there to be used as the keys on a keyboard, and then depending on which finger is where go from there. I think it will be puh-retty snazzy.

By the way, I absolutely love you. <3
    Allen's Slave
    Allen's Slave

Post by Allen's Slave 2013-06-03, 05:43

66 views and 1 comment, dope.
    Sponge
    Sponge
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Sponge 2013-06-03, 06:51

how long did this masterpiece take?
    Allen's Slave
    Allen's Slave

Post by Allen's Slave 2013-06-03, 06:56

*Spongebob* wrote:how long did this masterpiece take?

Long shot from a masterpiece lmao. But it took me like a week coding on and off, as I was learning the majority of it in the process.
    Zodz
    Zodz
    General
    General

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll: 12

Post by Zodz 2013-07-06, 20:13

Tom wrote:Basically, it mimics your two hands positions, and determines how quickly you could type out words based on finger positions and where the other keys are located on the board. I'll hopefully release this soon.

wouldn't communication delay make that pointless? I think that basic internet lag would not allow such "random length of time" precision.
    Moe
    Moe
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Moe 2013-07-07, 01:03

Lots of words to read/understand *ignores*
    Awesome coding mistro, we just need Rob CRAWL
    Sam
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Sam 2013-07-07, 01:50

I learned/re-learned a lot from this.

Thanks, Mistro. Very Happy

Not sure if there is an input box for the host's name/level because I haven't run the program, but could you just mimic the:
    Code:
    wager = textField.getText();
    ... for:
    Code:
    host = "Mistro";
    level = "200";

Post by Guest 2013-07-07, 07:14

Geek, thanks though.
    Firefury54
    Firefury54
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Post by Firefury54 2013-07-08, 18:00

Did you have to type all that?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-26, 12:15