Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan

5 posters

Some People Just Cannot Give Up a Good Hand (Holger/YXB/Sanne)

Frosty
    Frosty

Some People Just Cannot Give Up a Good Hand (Holger/YXB/Sanne) Empty Some People Just Cannot Give Up a Good Hand (Holger/YXB/Sanne)

Post by Frosty 2013-05-31, 12:04

Popsickle

Some People Just Cannot Give Up a Good Hand (Holger/YXB/Sanne) Empty Re: Some People Just Cannot Give Up a Good Hand (Holger/YXB/Sanne)

Post by Popsickle 2013-05-31, 12:08

I'll give up my hand, and shove it up your ass!
    Slash
    Slash
    Global Mod
    Global Mod

Some People Just Cannot Give Up a Good Hand (Holger/YXB/Sanne) Empty Re: Some People Just Cannot Give Up a Good Hand (Holger/YXB/Sanne)

Post by Slash 2013-05-31, 13:03

you guys are so obsessed Very Happy
    20m
    20m
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Post by 20m 2013-05-31, 14:24

I can give up any hand, but i prefer just going all in.
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-05-31, 15:02

That guy played that hand stupidly... He basically said he knows he has a weaker hand and he'd still call if it meant going all in...
    Frosty
    Frosty

Post by Frosty 2013-05-31, 16:40

Jon wrote:That guy played that hand stupidly... He basically said he knows he has a weaker hand and he'd still call if it meant going all in...

I see it this way too, but this is what others say:

1. Farha did not go all in due to sympathy for Jamie.
    2. Jamie convinced Farha he had a set and wanted Farha to fold at some point.
    3. Jamie realised he was beat and wanted to check it all the way in the hope that his pair would improve to a set, or the Kings were good enough anyway.

I like to think of it as Farha knew Jamie was beat but checked out of sympathy. Although it's possible that Jamie scared him off and saved himself 200 Grand by preventing Farha going all in.
    Jon
    Jon
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Jon 2013-05-31, 16:52

Luke wrote:
    Jon wrote:That guy played that hand stupidly... He basically said he knows he has a weaker hand and he'd still call if it meant going all in...

I see it this way too, but this is what others say:

1. Farha did not go all in due to sympathy for Jamie.
    2. Jamie convinced Farha he had a set and wanted Farha to fold at some point.
    3. Jamie realised he was beat and wanted to check it all the way in the hope that his pair would improve to a set, or the Kings were good enough anyway.

I like to think of it as Farha knew Jamie was beat but checked out of sympathy. Although it's possible that Jamie scared him off and saved himself 200 Grand by preventing Farha going all in.
    yeah the only explanation I can think of for him not raising on the river was sympathy. Jamie clearly had a high pocket pair but it wasn't aces as he said pre-flop. Something like "If you've got aces I'm beat" (?) almost said as a joke. Since no face cards came up on the table Farha should have known that he didn't have a set. Jamie was so unsubtle about what he had. Everyone would have known that he had between J-K pair and his behavior after the river just confirmed that he knew he had a weaker hand than an ace pair. Must have been sympathy imo.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-10, 19:59