Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan

+22
Dogs>Cats
J3Lx
ekonka30
Veny
Alex
James
Runetom
Hamza|Dinz
woo901
Bothers
Cable speed
Guitar
Tunechi
Rob Crawl
*Frozen*
Jaycubb
Brendan
Rand al'Thor
Spoof
Paul
Sponge
Allen's Slave
26 posters

New IRC system to minimize trading and maximize chances of keeping Cora alive.

Allen's Slave
    Allen's Slave

New IRC system to minimize trading and maximize chances of keeping Cora alive. Empty New IRC system to minimize trading and maximize chances of keeping Cora alive.

Post by Allen's Slave 2013-03-18, 23:49

Desperate times call for desperate measures. We're really not sure what the fate of Cora is right now, and we need to do everything we can to secure its future.

One thing I was thinking about was, what if we had a few central accounts that held money from our betters? What I'm saying is people could put 50m into that account, which would be run by generals, and then that "credit" would be added to their IRC account. People will dice solely from the IRC, and will have their credits stored in their IRC accounts. So, a customer could dice 30 times in a row, and they will never have to engage in a trade, save from the original deposit, and when they ask to withdraw from their credit pool. As for hosts, your commissions will be added to your own credit pool. Every month, 100m/150m will be deducted from your pool for fees. Again, just another way to do less trading, and to streamline the process.

Some great reasons this system could be a hit:

1. Never been done, to my knowledge at least. We've been looking to do something "different". This is it.

2. Take away a large risk of being banned. One of the MAJOR ways Jagex will be watching us is through trades. When you get traded 5m by two people, then give 9m to one... It's obvious what's going on. I understand that trading 50m to an account is not likely either, but I would rather have one big trade than 50 little trades.

3. Don't need to be in-game to bet / host. Think about it. People can connect to the IRC on their phone, and gamble from there! Gambling can be completely revolutionized from this.

4. Smaller wagers will be accepted at a much better rate. Before hosts hated having to take a 60k wager because of all the hassle. This will make everything much quicker and easier!

5. Giveaways can be tailored to this. Every Friday, 3 random donators will be selected, one getting 15m credits, one 10m credits, and one 5m credits. Every 4th Friday, the contest will be open to regular members as well! Just another incentive to become a donator!

6. Eliminate the chance of hosts taking incorrect pots. If a host tries to accept a pot above their maximum, it would not go through, returning an error.

*Please note, hosts CANNOT abuse this system! Once a host creates a pot (!dd player1 player2 6m), each participant will be messaged to confirm. I.e., player1 will get the message, "player1, host1 wishes to place you in a 6m pot, with your wager of 3m. Do you accept?" Players then type !accept or !decline, so no abuse can be used!

*This will completely eliminate imposters. As the players are not accepting the money until the very end when they withdraw their credits, there are no chances for imposters to try and step in to intercept trades. Additionally, it does not even matter if someone's account gets hacked, unless both their IRC + RS account is hacked. We will only pay out to the name registered under the IRC name, and only when the player types !accept while on the IRC being traded the money will they be paid out. See ya scamming!

New commands that would be implemented:

Customers:

!wager x-amount * This would call out to hosts that a customer has a wager, so hosts can see that a wager is up. Hosts can claim this by typing "!takewager player1". The players wager is then removed from the database, and taken up by the host. Will return an error if a player already has a wager taken by a host. This can be modified if we wish to allow customers to be able to have multiple bets on multiple hosts.

!accept * Accepts a decision given to them, be it accepting being put into a pot, or accepting withdrawing money from their credit pool. Will return an error if typed when not given a choice.

!decline * Declines a decision given to them, be it declining being put into a pot, or declining withdrawing money from their credit pool. Will return an error if typed when not given a choice.

!remove * Removes a wager currently placed at a host. This can be done once every 30 minutes, to prevent customers from trolling. Note, hosts can remove pots as often as possible, this is just a privilege given to customers, and it cannot be abused. Will return an error if typed when a player does not currently have a host advertising a wager, or was already used in the past 30 minutes.

!hosts * Displays the current list of hosts on the IRC that are active, i.e. typed something in the last 5-10 minutes.

!credits * Displays the amount of gold a player has to wager on the IRC.

Hosts:
    !takewager player1 * Takes a current open wager from a player who has advertised a wager. This will return an error if the wager is larger than the maximum size for that host's rank, as well as an error if another host has already taken a wager.

!callout * Displays the current wager a host has. This will be equal to the amount that a host has from accepting a customer's wager. Thus, hosts will not have to type the amount they have currently- this is already accounted for!

Generals:
    !credit player1 amount * Credits a player a certain amount of money, after it has been traded to the host and the player accepts.

!withdraw player1 amount * Removes the amount from a player's IRC account, when the host puts up the amount of money to be paid out, and the player then types !accept. The player will then be given the money.

Guys, this is just an idea. I know some of the commands are long- we can fix that. Put your ideas below. I know this would be a big change, but I feel this is exactly what we need. Please let me know what you think! All criticism is welcome!

TL;DR - Read the damn thread, doesn't take that long.

Last edited by Mistro | Tom on 2013-03-19, 00:26; edited 1 time in total
    Sponge
    Sponge
    VIP
    VIP

New IRC system to minimize trading and maximize chances of keeping Cora alive. Empty Re: New IRC system to minimize trading and maximize chances of keeping Cora alive.

Post by Sponge 2013-03-19, 00:04

I like it

easy and simple
    Paul
    Paul
    Recruit
    Recruit

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll: 69

New IRC system to minimize trading and maximize chances of keeping Cora alive. Empty Re: New IRC system to minimize trading and maximize chances of keeping Cora alive.

Post by Paul 2013-03-19, 00:11

I didn't read all of it but great idea.
    This is the only option we have.
    Show Andy.
    Spoof
    Spoof
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Spoof 2013-03-19, 00:14

Will take a while for everyone to get used to this but it seems like a great idea Smile.
    Rand al'Thor
    Rand al'Thor
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Rand al'Thor 2013-03-19, 00:34

Lol, Skull.
    ~~~

I remember someone suggesting IRC credits a while ago. I thought it was a good idea then. I still do and what's more, it's kinda necessary now :/

Nice one, Mistro!
    Brendan
    Brendan
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Brendan 2013-03-19, 01:06

Hmm.. I guess. Cora could also move to another area of Rs like Varrock or something... So less mods come by. Also what did u mean "The money wont go through because it is over their max?"

Good idea nonetheless.
    Allen's Slave
    Allen's Slave

Post by Allen's Slave 2013-03-19, 01:10

Brendan wrote:Hmm.. I guess. Cora could also move to another area of Rs like Varrock or something... So less mods come by. Also what did u mean "The money wont go through because it is over their max?"

Good idea nonetheless.

If I, as a recruit with a max bet of 5m, try to accept your wager of 8m, the IRC will not allow it and your wager will still be available for other hosts to take. Smile
    Jaycubb
    Jaycubb

Post by Jaycubb 2013-03-19, 01:59

I think there will be a lot of spamming in the irc for hosts to take wagers. So maybe there could be two chats. One to do the dice duel and the other to give/take wagers. Also The idea of having money on mule accounts. I mean the accounts could be banned and you could lose your money. Then what?
    Allen's Slave
    Allen's Slave

Post by Allen's Slave 2013-03-19, 02:26

Jaycubb wrote:I think there will be a lot of spamming in the irc for hosts to take wagers. So maybe there could be two chats. One to do the dice duel and the other to give/take wagers. Also The idea of having money on mule accounts. I mean the accounts could be banned and you could lose your money. Then what?

Having two chats is a possibility, but would be difficult. I think we could manage with one. And as for the account problem, that's why I stated to use a few accounts to reduce the chance of that. I completely agree that it's not a flawless plan. The problem is, there are no longer any plans to go with that are risk free, so we are forced to do the best we can.
    *Frozen*
    *Frozen*
    VIP
    VIP

Post by *Frozen* 2013-03-19, 02:27

me gusta idea. not spam tho Razz!
    Brendan
    Brendan
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Brendan 2013-03-19, 02:34

Two Chats Would help. ^^ And can't we just Trade them ingame. I hate all the annoying virtual stuff Sad
    Allen's Slave
    Allen's Slave

Post by Allen's Slave 2013-03-19, 03:03

Brendan wrote:Two Chats Would help. ^^ And can't we just Trade them ingame. I hate all the annoying virtual stuff Sad

I really wish we could just continue to do things like we have before, but what option do we have? Think about it- why else would a huge group of people be trading two exact wagers to the same person, then one person receiving 90% of the two amounts combined? We're literally asking to be banned.
    Brendan
    Brendan
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Brendan 2013-03-19, 03:04

Mistro | Tom wrote:
    Brendan wrote:Two Chats Would help. ^^ And can't we just Trade them ingame. I hate all the annoying virtual stuff Sad

I really wish we could just continue to do things like we have before, but what option do we have? Think about it- why else would a huge group of people be trading two exact wagers to the same person, then one person receiving 90% of the two amounts combined? We're literally asking to be banned.

Ok. But are we allowed to take our money out at any time? I was kinda unclear about what u said..
    Allen's Slave
    Allen's Slave

Post by Allen's Slave 2013-03-19, 03:29

Brendan wrote:
    Mistro | Tom wrote:

Ok. But are we allowed to take our money out at any time? I was kinda unclear about what u said..

You certainly are! The focus here is that a lot of times people come and bet for an hour. Instead of trading 30 times within that hour, you only have to trade a maximum of two times (if you deposit money at the start and withdraw at the end), or you can not have to trade at all if you already had credit in the system, and you choose not to withdraw at the end. Smile
    Brendan
    Brendan
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Brendan 2013-03-19, 03:31

^^ Kk this seems like a Really good idea. I just got happier lol Smile Misteroooo I love you

K thanks, but honestly I don't Trust every rank here with money (Most)... Except a few, like some banana ranks. I wouldn't give them 100m in the IRC I give it to Generals?
    Allen's Slave
    Allen's Slave

Post by Allen's Slave 2013-03-19, 04:50

Brendan wrote:^^ Kk this seems like a Really good idea. I just got happier lol Smile Misteroooo I love you

K thanks, but honestly I don't Trust every rank here with money (Most)... Except a few, like some banana ranks. I wouldn't give them 100m in the IRC I give it to Generals?

Absolutely not! You will only give your money to specified accounts, which we will provide, and will be run by Andy, Strugg, and Generals. There is absolutely no risk involved in this buddy. Glad I could clear up some points for you! Smile
    Rob Crawl
    Rob Crawl
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Rob Crawl 2013-03-19, 05:10

+1..I completely Support this!
    But I feel there should be two chats......one for hosts to announce wagers/pots......and one where customers can say !wager 10m award or something./.....to prevent irc from spamming up by customers wanting to wager.

I can help you code this tom:)
    ~~~~~~~~~~HAS TO BE SHOWN TO ANDY ~~~~~~~~
    Tunechi
    Tunechi

Post by Tunechi 2013-03-19, 05:10

This could actually work, but you wouldn't have to create separate accounts run by generals. You could just trade the amount you want straight to the general. Great idea...from a great idea.
    Tunechi
    Tunechi

Post by Tunechi 2013-03-19, 07:00

Hmmm I'll see if I can write up a whole plan for this new idea. Like how it'll work and stuff. Let you guys know.
    Guitar
    Guitar
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Post by Guitar 2013-03-19, 07:44

why dont you just move to a different game? it seems like youre getting very desperate and if you cant advertise in game i feel like it will just die out or just be the same people over and over which will also stop after a bit. is it that hard to accept that jagex doesnt want you to gamble on their game?
    Cable speed
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Post by Cable speed 2013-03-19, 08:03

Guitar wrote:why dont you just move to a different game? it seems like youre getting very desperate and if you cant advertise in game i feel like it will just die out or just be the same people over and over which will also stop after a bit. is it that hard to accept that jagex doesnt want you to gamble on their game?

This coming from the guy who was a dice host for several months.

Go play the little game you cherish so much and mind your own business Smile
    Bothers
    Bothers
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Post by Bothers 2013-03-19, 09:08

You are simply amazing tom.

This is probably going to be our new format in the future if gambling is considered "illegal".

Which is bullshit but w/e.

Kudos to you Very Happy
    woo901

Post by woo901 2013-03-19, 17:02

sounds cool
    Hamza|Dinz
    Hamza|Dinz

Post by Hamza|Dinz 2013-03-19, 17:18

Wow mistro u have proven to the Cora Dyce community that you are the best and continue helping out Cora Dyce Smile - epic ideas
    Runetom
    Runetom

Post by Runetom 2013-03-19, 17:32

Very nice, i like it. Smile We should really do this, its more safe and good haha.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 04:09