Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cora Dyce

Welcome to our website !
Please register an account to view the complete categories and forums.

Cora Dyce

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cora Dyce - Your personal dicing clan

+4
Marw
Bothers
Am the beast
joeyyxd|hete
8 posters

Flipping :p

joeyyxd|hete
    joeyyxd|hete

Flipping :p  Empty Flipping :p

Post by joeyyxd|hete 2013-01-30, 22:12

Hey you guys Very Happy i sold my bandos so i could make some cash Very Happy but instead of dicing it and lose it i want to flip with it, i have 20m total wealth. I do know how flipping works and check prizes to know buy - sell prize. But the only thing i don't know is what items to flip. What are good items to flip? How can i find any good flipping items myself. (btw 80% of the cash i am going to make of it will be used for drop parties Very Happy).
    Am the beast
    Am the beast
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Flipping :p  Empty bl990

Post by Am the beast 2013-01-30, 23:40

I use to flip but takes time. lobster or sword fish or rune. Very Happy gl
    Bothers
    Bothers
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Flipping :p  Empty Re: Flipping :p

Post by Bothers 2013-01-30, 23:45

Anyything u can buy in largequantities, rune items, runes food potions
    Am the beast
    Am the beast
    Sponsor
    Sponsor

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Flipping :p  Empty bl990

Post by Am the beast 2013-01-30, 23:54

Lost No More wrote:Anyything u can buy in largequantities, rune items, runes food potions
    yep but check daily exchange don't go bankrupt Razz
    Marw
    Marw

Post by Marw 2013-01-31, 00:36

Water talis are best items to flip in f2p if you have 100m+
    Rand al'Thor
    Rand al'Thor
    VIP
    VIP

Dices Rolls
    Dice Roll:

Post by Rand al'Thor 2013-01-31, 01:36

I'm f2p and used to flip regularly until I got bored of it (and lost ~100m on cth's; I bought one at 83m when they reached ~150m but did not manage to sell it before they crashed, I then bought two more at 28m when they had been fluctuating to 50m, but they crashed again. They're now ~15m and I'm stuck with those three hats; yay me!).

What I found immensely useful to help me get started with flipping is Rs's official Grand Exchange page. It gives a list of the most traded items on the G.E. and most of these are relatively safe and quick to flip.

Here is the link to that page:
    http://services.Rs.com/m=itemdb_rs/top100.ws?list=0&scale=0

The cheaper items, though safer, tend to have smaller margins (occasionally you'll find iron ore or such randomly has a 10+gp margin; GOGOGOGOGOGO!) and, since the margin is so narrow, it can be difficult to maximise profit.
    The more expensive items, on the other hand, although having larger margins, can be difficult to buy at the lower bound (you will keep getting overcut if you try to maximise the margin; if this does happen, the upper bound usually increases, too), also, crashing can be fatal to your cash pile.

Before the EOC (around the time I stopped flipping) my favourite items to flip PRE-EOC were:
    1 ) Chaos runes (especially as an overnight buy). I'm not sure about now, but, pre-EOC they would buy at the GE price and sell more than 10gp higher. They regularly fluctuated from 80 to 130 gp.
    2 ) Death runes were a pain but had good margins from time to time.
    3 ) Law/Cosmic runes were also a pain to buy and I only used them as a last resort.
    4 ) Iron and gold ores and coal are very good to flip.
    5 ) Adamantite ore: sooo good*.
    6 ) Mithril bars; also very good.
    7 ) Wine of Zamorak; took a while to buy but had good margins.
    8 ) Fish Masks; easy ~100k per mask (this occasionally increased to 800k per mask).
    9 ) Maple logs as a long-term investment (see graph).
    10 ) Yew logs; apparently they're good...

Basically; resources.

I never got round to testing more items (and some have slipped my mind) but those above worked well for me. There are loads of items available to flip, just search for them.

*Addy ore was highly subject to the time of day. I can't remember exactly, but I could buy them at a certain price @ ~7pm GMT and sell them up to 200gp higher a few hours later.

NB:
    Take advantage of events. For example, before the EOC, Corrupt D Spears bought @ 100k. Nearer to its release, they sold @ 600+k. BXP is another particularly profitable time.
    You must consider the graphs of items and see whether they are crashing, rising, bottoming, or peaking.
    Test prices of items to find its general trend throughout the day to see when you can take advantage of this.
    Don't panic.

~~~

A few last points:

For f2p, the range of items to flip is kinda restricted and flipping is not as lucrative as for a p2per, however, the general ideas should carry over.

With 20m you may want to start flipping rares. You only have two open to you; Fish Masks and Christmas Tree Hats. Fm's make ~200k/4hrs whilst Cth's can make somewhere up to 2m/4hrs (bearing in mind, this is with one account).

Use fc's for the pricecheck (PC's) of rares: for the two I've mentioned, use 'Sof Rares Pc'.

You probably already know this but, 'Pc 101' and 'Nex and SS' are two more p2p pcing fc's.

I don't have any experience with p2p flipping, but, I've heard herbs are good but are also quite risky.

Merching yourself is better than any guide could ever be. Just go for it.

USE MOAR THAN ONE ACCOUNT!!!

I found this whilst surfin teh Gooogmel:
    http://www.smokinelite.com/t37303-divine-s-random-merch-log-1056b-profit-logged

REALLY helpful:
    http://www.grandexchangecentral.com/
    especially the 'exclusive lists' along the left hand side.

Testimony: I started flipping with 20m at the start of September of last year and managed to increase that to 250m in three months' time (including losses on flipping and donating money etc.).

I have no idea what possessed me to write all that, but I hope it has helped.
    Spoof
    Spoof
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Spoof 2013-01-31, 01:38

Currently, Adamant Platebodies are great to flip as many people buy them to high-alch.
    Aid
    Aid
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Aid 2013-01-31, 01:57

Rand al'Thor has really outdone himself lol..

You have to be willing to lose some gp finding the margins of items.

Buy an item for 5-10% over and if it buys write the price.
    Then resell that item for 15-20% under and write the price.

The price you sold it for is your buying price, and the price you bought it for is your selling price. Depending on the margin for this item you can decrease the margins to increase speed of flip merching. Also I flip merched before Jagex changed the limits on GE to where you can't buy more than said limit even if you sell the items back (therefore flipping is harder to do if you don't have multiple accounts).

Anyways some items I did for f2p (pre EOC) were raw lobster, rune armour (different pieces whatever you find works best), sometimes stuff like feathers or arrows, but it's up to you.

I made bank off flipping Cannonballs in p2p Smile Good times....
    Nitm
    Nitm
    VIP
    VIP

Post by Nitm 2013-01-31, 02:54

You guys are all confusing him.. Question

Joeyy, I would suggest flipping Bandos/Armadyl items. Since you just have 20M I would suggest flipping "small items" such as bandos gloves, bandos boots, armadyl gloves and armadyl boots. (You could also try Bandos Godsword). To find out the buying/selling price of these items join either one of these friends chats: "Flipchat1" or "Pc 101". I prefer "Pc 101" because they have people that price check items for you almost 24/7. Simply join the friends chat and ask for a price check on an item. For example you ask "pc on bg?" (bandos gloves) then they'll say something like "bg 1.9-2.2" This means the buying price is 1900k and selling price is 2100k, hence a 200k margin/profit. When you have more money to flip items such as Bandos/Armadyl Chestplate you'll realise you are making more profit and the margins are around 400k-600k for those items.

Be patient with flipping as it does sometimes take a while. If you have anymore questions feel free to PM me on Rs or contacting me via any other way. My RSN is PP7.
    Good Luck Joey!
    - Nitm Smile
    joeyyxd|hete
    joeyyxd|hete

Post by joeyyxd|hete 2013-01-31, 17:50

thznk you all so much for your help i will try your tips and keep you up to date with my profits Very Happy!!!!! <33333

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 09:24